Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I am an applicant to this program through UCAS. I have recieved emails on X weeks before they reach a decision. I am currently on the 8 weeks email (+ 2 weeks from christmas break). I am approx 1.5 weeks away from the 8 week deadline.

However, I was just wondering for a course like management, will there be more emails on (X weeks before reaching final decision?) Or will they most likely be making a decision after the 8(+2 weeks) email?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Anyone got offer already with IB results? If so what are your PGs and what is the cond. offer? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanH7)
    Hello everyone,

I am an applicant to this program through UCAS. I have recieved emails on X weeks before they reach a decision. I am currently on the 8 weeks email (+ 2 weeks from christmas break). I am approx 1.5 weeks away from the 8 week deadline.

However, I was just wondering for a course like management, will there be more emails on (X weeks before reaching final decision?) Or will they most likely be making a decision after the 8(+2 weeks) email?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Anyone got offer already with IB results? If so what are your PGs and what is the cond. offer? Thanks!
    Hey,
    I got an offer for management (unconditional because I'm taking a gap year) early December and I'm an IB student. I got my offer one week after my 2+8 weeks were over (I didn't get the 4 week email).

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I am an IB student and I JUST RECEIVED AN OFFER FROM LSE TODAY!!! The wait is super long, i think i had three emails which keep asking to wait, and I kept telling myself i have been rejected so just keep patient and fingers crossed for you all!
    In terms of details, my PG was 41/45 and the offer asked for 37 points, with 7 6 6 in HL AND Maths SL 7. A tough one so I dont know yet.

Also I am also holding an offer from Bath for Management N201. Any body has any opinions on Bath or LSE? i'm torn between the two.

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thaoha_2512)
    Hi there,

I am an IB student and I JUST RECEIVED AN OFFER FROM LSE TODAY!!! The wait is super long, i think i had three emails which keep asking to wait, and I kept telling myself i have been rejected so just keep patient and fingers crossed for you all!
    In terms of details, my PG was 41/45 and the offer asked for 37 points, with 7 6 6 in HL AND Maths SL 7. A tough one so I dont know yet.

Also I am also holding an offer from Bath for Management N201. Any body has any opinions on Bath or LSE? I'm torn between the two.

Thank you!
    Hi everyone,
    Congrats:congrats:. I also received my offer from LSE yesterday. FYI, I am doing A level and my requirements are AAB (As in Mathematics and Economics). I am also applying for Bath under the same course (haven't received the offer though :console:). I would appreciate if anyone can help me compare the two. What I know for sure is LSE has great reputation and Bath has higher student satisfaction.
    Anyway :goodluck: to those still waiting for an offer

P.S The A requirement for Econs is probably for me alone as i had 79% for unit 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thaoha_2512)
    Hi there,

Also I am also holding an offer from Bath for Management N201. Any body has any opinions on Bath or LSE? i'm torn between the two.

Thank you!
    My application is exactly the same !
    PG 41/45, 766 HL and 776 SL including 7 in Math SL...
    When did you apply and how long was the wait ?
    Congrats !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt Nguyen)
    Hi everyone,
    Congrats:congrats:. I also received my offer from LSE yesterday. FYI, I am doing A level and my requirements are AAB (As in Mathematics and Economics). I am also applying for Bath under the same course (haven't received the offer though :console:). I would appreciate if anyone can help me compare the two. What I know for sure is LSE has great reputation and Bath has higher student satisfaction.

P.S The A requirement for Econs is probably for me alone as i had 79% for unit 1
    Hey! congrats for your offer
    just wanted to ask what were your credentials and when did you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    I'm also an IB student with predicted 38 (without tok and ee) and 766 HL (french b, his, eng a langlit). I also have a predicted 7 from SL math Yes a seven even in sl math can get tricky, but i rather get a conditional offer with math sl 7 than a straight rejection!
    For the one who asked/mentioned, this will be the last year sl math is accepted and here on out LSE will only consider HL math students.
    I should get a response this Friday (end of 2+8+2 weeks) and the wait is getting intense now haha
    I applied to Bath as well but haven't heard back. I would definetly firm LSE if I get offers from both because it has a much better international reputation (nobody in Finland has for example heard of Bath when I mention it lol and looking at league tables). If you're thinking about what kind of social life there would be at LSE, it will be the way you make it! I'm getting so full of people criticizing the social life, cause in the end it just depends on what kind of people there is and on the individual. At least I know a girl in her first year there and she's having a blast. I for one would be super excited to live in such a dynamic city, check out the pubs and clubs, and get involved in sovieties.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Hi Matt Nguyen, does your offer state that you need to achieve A for Mathematics and A for Economics? Also, may I know what is the third subject you are taking? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi PeanutAvenger,
    Here is the part about my offer word by word:
    This offer is subject to you obtaining Grades AAB at A level, with grade A in Maths and including Economics.
    I think I might have misunderstood it now that I am staring at it. Getting an A for Economics shouldn't be necessary as it said include and not Grade A in Maths and Economics:embarrassed:. I apologized for making such a blunder (I will contact the school to confirm it). Thanks for making me realise it in time.
    I am doing Double Maths, Physics and Economics. I applied in the last week of November and got it on the 22nd January:P

ReputationRep:
    Hi PeanutAvenger,
    Here is the part about my offer word by word:
    This offer is subject to you obtaining Grades AAB at A level, with grade A in Maths and including Economics.
    I think I might have misunderstood it now that I am staring at it. Getting an A for Economics shouldn't be necessary as it said include and not Grade A in Maths and Economics:embarrassed:. I apologized for making such a blunder (I will contact the school to confirm it). Thanks for making me realise it in time.
    I am doing Double Maths, Physics and Economics. I applied in the last week of November and got it on the 22nd January:P
    May I know what are your predicted grades for AS Matt Nguyen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamatata)
    May I know what are your predicted grades for AS Matt Nguyen?
    Hi Lamatata,
    I had trouble figuring out what you mean by As predicted grades. Were you referring to A2 ones by any chance?
    I am predicted A*s for Maths, F.Maths, Physics and an A for Economics. Lse's also confirmed that I need to get a minimum of B for Econs.
    Hope that help answering your question.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lamatata,
    I had trouble figuring out what you mean by As predicted grades. Were you referring to A2 ones by any chance?
    I am predicted A*s for Maths, F.Maths, Physics and an A for Economics. Lse's also confirmed that I need to get a minimum of B for Econs.
    Hope that help answering your question.
    Yes, that's what I meant
    I am L6 this year and I really want to apply to LSE. I'm currently doing AS art, I have been told that LSE doesn't accept candidates who do Art, so does it mean I must drop it next year even though I get an A in AS?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.