Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, looking for advice on whether to choose catered or self-catered. I always thought is would be a no brainer as I do enjoy cooking. However, with Notts having such an extensive range of catered halls, I am starting to reconsider. Can anyone offer any guidance?

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any experience of your uni, but if you choose to go self catered I would assume that this still gives you the option of buying food from the canteen if you wanted to - I would always prefer to be self catered because it gives you the freedom of choosing what and when you eat, with the option of canteen food should you feel like it. You might find that the catered mealtimes don't suit you, or that it's a waste of money if, say, you're paying for a daily breakfast that you never have because it's too early and you choose to sleep in instead.

ReputationRep:
    If you live in catered you have to move all of your stuff out over the holidays or pay extra which could be a hassle, you also don't get to choose which catered hall you get put into. BGP isn't too far away from campus and if you don't mind cooking for yourself it's a lovely atmosphere and very sociable.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.