Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student loan payment reduced watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm in my first year at university, and I just found out that my loan has been reduced by £500.

My last two payments were proportional to my old loan figure, so now my next loan to come through is going to be £500 less :eek:
    This means I won't be able to pay my rent for the last semester. My parents are already supporting me by helping me with living costs, however I doubt they can afford to pay an extra £500 on top to help me pay my rent. My sister is also in the same position, so helping out both of us is going to be a problem.

I don't understand how it can change if it's based on 2012-2013's income. It seems it was decreased because the household income increased, but I thought that would affect me next year, not this year.

Is there anything I can do, any kind of appeal I can make, so I can actually get the amount I budgeted for and was expecting?

Any help is greatly appreciated because I'm actually really worrying now!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hello charj09,

It would be best for you to call us on 0300 100 0607 to discuss this as we cannot access your account to look at the assessment.

Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.