Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year student at Leeds and as usual we haven't been given enough information does anyone have the contents page of the anthology? We've been told it contains five of our set texts but not which five, just that five of the list is in the anthology. The list is worded very poorly and so it isn't clear what they actually mean. I've made the assumption that they mean that the first five texts on the list are in the anthology but I'd like to make sure since I'd rather not have extra copies of the plays we have to study, I hate reading drama texts! The list is this:

Sophocles, Oedipus Rex in The Three Theban Plays, trans Robert Fagle (Penguin Classics, London:
    Penguin, 1984)
    The Wakefield Master, Second Shepherds’ Play in A. C. Cawley (ed) Everyman and Medieval Miracle
    Plays (London: Orion, 1993)
    Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus [1594] (Harlow: Pearson Education 2003)
    William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night [1602] (London: Arden Shakespeare: third series, 2008)
    William Wycherley, The Country Wife [1675] (New Mermaids, 2nd Edition, 2014)
    Henrik Ibsen, A Doll’s House [1879] in Four Major Plays (Oxford World’s Classics, 2008)
    Samuel Beckett, Endgame[1957] (London: Faber & Faber, 2009)
    Caryl Churchill, Far Away [2000]

I should add this is for the first year core module 'drama: reading and interpretation'.

ReputationRep:
    TEXTS FOR PURCHASE Sophocles, Oedipus Rex in The Three Theban Plays, trans. Robert Fagle (Penguin Classics, London: Penguin, 1984) (Also available in the Wadsworth anthology) The Wakefield Master, Second Shepherds’ Play in A. C. Cawley (ed.) Everyman and Medieval Miracle Plays (London: Orion, 1993) Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus [1594] (Harlow: Pearson Education 2003) (Also available in the Wadsworth anthology) William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night [1602] (London: Arden Shakespeare: third series, 2008) Thomas Otway, Venice Preserv’d [1682] in Robert Lawrence (ed) Restoration Plays (Everyman, 1994) Henrik Ibsen, A Doll’s House (1879) in Four Major Plays (Oxford World’s Classics, 2008) (Also available in the Wadsworth anthology) Samuel Beckett, Endgame [1953] (London: Faber & Faber, 2010) (Also available in the Wadsworth anthology) Caryl Churchill, Far Away, 2000 (London: Nick Hern Books, 2003)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.