The Student Room Group

Worcester PGCE Primary 2015-16

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys

I just was wondering how did the maths skills test go? I really do not like maths
Reply 81
Original post by Hennaa123
Hey guys

I just was wondering how did the maths skills test go? I really do not like maths

Hi - have you managed to get something booked in? Maths isn't my favourite either so I checked out GCSE bite size on the BBC website to brush up my skills, did all the practice tests until I was blue in the face, and watched loads of You Tube clips for tips on doing the calculations quickly.
Try not to let nerves get the better of you - take a few moments to calm yourself before you hit the 'start' button and make sure you're ready with the pen and paper when the mental arithmetic questions start.
Good luck!
Reply 82
Hi everyone
Is there a FB group for Worcester PGCE Primary? I've searched but can't see anything.
Thanks 😊
Original post by Evie74
Hi - have you managed to get something booked in? Maths isn't my favourite either so I checked out GCSE bite size on the BBC website to brush up my skills, did all the practice tests until I was blue in the face, and watched loads of You Tube clips for tips on doing the calculations quickly.
Try not to let nerves get the better of you - take a few moments to calm yourself before you hit the 'start' button and make sure you're ready with the pen and paper when the mental arithmetic questions start.
Good luck!

Thank you! that helps a lot! I have got my maths test book in for next week, thankfully I have already passed the English test.
Hey

how is everyone getting on with the journals ?
Hey guys

how are you all finding the journal? are you guys doing in a bullet point manner or more reflective
They don't give you a lot of space so mine is mainly bullet points but saying that pretty wordy bullet points. I wasn't really sure either.
Original post by leanne_elizabeth
They don't give you a lot of space so mine is mainly bullet points but saying that pretty wordy bullet points. I wasn't really sure either.

Thank you, that has helped. I wasn't too sure :smile:
Reply 88
Hey everyone,

I am attending Worcester University for Primary PGCE. I was wondering if anyone was in Fern Halls ? :smile:
Hi everyone!

I am excited [and nervous] to be starting the Early Years PGCE in September!
Unfortunately, I was in Spain for the induction day, although I was sent correspondence via email - did anyone on here go? Was it useful?
Also, has anyone been told their placements? Starting to panic slightly ;-[

:smile:
Original post by Melly123456
Hi everyone!

I am excited [and nervous] to be starting the Early Years PGCE in September!
Unfortunately, I was in Spain for the induction day, although I was sent correspondence via email - did anyone on here go? Was it useful?
Also, has anyone been told their placements? Starting to panic slightly ;-[

:smile:

Hi Melly!

I'm doing 5-11 not early years but I was there at the induction day. If you have been sent an email you probably have most of the information anyway. Did they send you the induction pack with the pre-course activities and reading? Most of the information is in there. It was nice to meet other people and we did a couple of workshops too but I think the main induction will be when we start in September so I wouldn't worry :smile: As far as I know nobody has been told their definite placements yet so we're all on the same page. Have you filled in your pen portrait form yet? xx
Hi Melly!

I'm doing 5-11 not early years but I was there at the induction day. If you have been sent an email you probably have most of the information anyway. Did they send you the induction pack with the pre-course activities and reading? Most of the information is in there. It was nice to meet other people and we did a couple of workshops too but I think the main induction will be when we start in September so I wouldn't worry :smile: As far as I know nobody has been told their definite placements yet so we're all on the same page. Have you filled in your pen portrait form yet? xx

Hi Leanne Elizabeth!

I now have this information thank you. A lovely bedtime read ;-]
Oh that is good, I wish I could have come and met everyone, but as you say there is always September.
Apparently, we will not be told our placements until September looking from past reponses on here, but this may have changed.
Yes, I have filled in my Pen portrait, just got to check through and send. Hopefully I can get this done tomorrow. Have you done yours?
XX
That's good :smile: I am in the process of filling in my pen portrait now. A couple of the sections seem to overlap and I'm not sure what to put in all of them. Were you able to write something for all of them?
That's good :smile: I am in the process of filling in my pen portrait now. A couple of the sections seem to overlap and I'm not sure what to put in all of them. Were you able to write something for all of them?

I thought exactly the same! I did write in all sections but I have repeated several times ;-/ I took a lot of mine from my CV i.e. dates/skills/attributes etc

Hope you get it sorted :smile:
Original post by Melly123456
I thought exactly the same! I did write in all sections but I have repeated several times ;-/ I took a lot of mine from my CV i.e. dates/skills/attributes etc

Hope you get it sorted :smile:

Thanks :smile: I've just sent off my pen portrait now. So excited!
Thanks :smile: I've just sent off my pen portrait now. So excited!

Well done! Another thing ticked off the list! :-) x
Hi,
I was unfortunately away too for the induction. I have got the induction pack and have made a start to the starter activities
But what is the pen portrait and where do I get it from?
Original post by kayleighward6821
Hi,
I was unfortunately away too for the induction. I have got the induction pack and have made a start to the starter activities
But what is the pen portrait and where do I get it from?

Hi Kayleigh,

It's a form we need to fill out. It's like a CV - work experiences, voluntary experiences, qualifications, degrees, attributes and skills etc. This was sent to me via email at the beginning of the holidays by Gemma Davies. I think it needs to be finished by September, but I'm not totally sure of the exact date. :smile:

Xx
Reply 98
Hi, I've been offered a place on the pgce primary 5-11 course at Worcester starting in September and feel very nervous about not knowing anyone on the course as i haven't been to the introduction day!
Reply 99
Hi
Don't worry too much - we'll all be in much the same boat! I'm sure it won't take long for us all to settle in and make friends.

If you are on Facebook there is a Worcester PGCE 2015 Group which you could join, if you haven't already.

See you soon! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending