Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I met a guy three months ago. There wasn't an immediate attraction, but by the second date I definitely felt more attracted to him and now Im very attracted to him. Since the start I've been very shy and nervous around him, Its improved over time as I've got to know him better. He's slowly started putting him arm around me and being touchy feely which I'm cool with. We seem to bounce off each other and it's to the point where we can sometimes finish off each others sentences.

I get butterflies when I'm around him, i'm constantly smiling/laughing too and vice versa. I could be in the worst mood and within minutes of talking to him that changes. There's always the right balance, when I'm ready have a serious conversation he listens and shares his views. When I'm in a weird mood and I feel like sharing something random he never looks at me like I'm crazy... He just gets me. Every time we go out we have a right laugh and there's never a dull moment. The last time we met up it was so intense, he kinda looked at me in a way that made me nervous ( in a good way). However my response to this probably wasn't recieved well on his part. I wanted to kiss him so bad and chickened out. I got scared.

I told my friend what happened and he thinks I don't like the guy because of this..I know very well it's because I'm shy and it takes me a while. My friend is adamant I'm not into him.

What are your thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    From what you're saying I do believe you are into him. Don't listen to others, but your own heart. With a little time and privacy, you will start feeling more comfortable

ReputationRep:
    you both like each other, stop being silly and kiss the guy.

ReputationRep:
    Is that why your not letting him into you? Lol

ReputationRep:
    You sounds like you like him, I would ignore your friend, trust your own instincts.

ReputationRep:
    You are on the right track. You are doing fine.

You just try to make it up for him when you see him next time. A soft kiss in the cheeks would be more than enough i guess, since you are a bit shy.

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Schrode)
    From what you're saying I do believe you are into him. Don't listen to others, but your own heart. With a little time and privacy, you will start feeling more comfortable
    Thank you! I know i will be comfortable eventually, it just never usually takes this long lol. I must really like him!

(Original post by tearteto)
    you both like each other, stop being silly and kiss the guy.
    Haha that is my aim on our next date. Fingers crossed there is another one

(Original post by Gott)
    Is that why your not letting him into you? Lol
    Sorry homes explain?

(Original post by rmhumphries)
    You sounds like you like him, I would ignore your friend, trust your own instincts.
    I shall. I think I'm more worried this guy might be thinking im not into him when I totally am. Thanks..

(Original post by al_mohajer)
    You are on the right track. You are doing fine.

You just try to make it up for him when you see him next time. A soft kiss in the cheeks would be more than enough i guess, since you are a bit shy.

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I will try to next time. I managed to give him a proper hug this time around. I know it's just a hug but you know my story...thanks for the encouragement

ReputationRep:
    It's clear to me you both like each other, your friend is wrong basically.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you're pretty into him to me. Just nervous about the physical side. Have you ever kissed anybody you liked before?

(Original post by beckaroo7)
    It sounds like you're pretty into him to me. Just nervous about the physical side. Have you ever kissed anybody you liked before?
    Yep. My first boyfriend and I kissed the first day we became official. It wasn't the best kiss, but overtime it improved. Then I was seeing a guy recently and he tried to kiss me one day but I wasn't ready.. Then on our next date we were sat in a park (with people around strangely enough) and I said I wanted to kiss him and then we kissed... A few times. This is when I realised that kissing wasn't too bad. But now I feel like I've gone 10 steps backwards.

There was another guy I really liked and saw quite alot but we never ever kissed, it was weird..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yep. My first boyfriend and I kissed the first day we became official. It wasn't the best kiss, but overtime it improved. Then I was seeing a guy recently and he tried to kiss me one day but I wasn't ready.. Then on our next date we were sat in a park (with people around strangely enough) and I said I wanted to kiss him and then we kissed... A few times. This is when I realised that kissing wasn't too bad. But now I feel like I've gone 10 steps backwards.

There was another guy I really liked and saw quite alot but we never ever kissed, it was weird..
    I see. Sounds like you get on really well and are attracted to him though. I can see why she would be surprises that you haven't kissed him, but each to their own. Has he initiated kissing or anything?

ReputationRep:
    friend is jelly

(Original post by beckaroo7)
    I see. Sounds like you get on really well and are attracted to him though. I can see why she would be surprises that you haven't kissed him, but each to their own. Has he initiated kissing or anything?

(Original post by Tom26070)
    Has he kissed you in anyway yet? Like on the cheek?
    Well he brought up the topic of kissing a few weeks ago and at the end of the night kissed me on the cheek. Then a few days ago he went in for the kill after we hugged and I had just turned my head before realising what he was doing and he said ' you are so awkward' and laughed it off.

(Original post by Slazenger)
    friend is jelly
    Hmm I don't know why he would be jealous when hes in a relationship

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys in a relationship, it's been 3 months!

(Original post by Tom26070)
    Are you guys in a relationship, it's been 3 months!
    Nope lol should we be?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.