Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How comfortable are you in your relationship? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm not speaking about me when I write this, but I just want to know what you think the key signs are that you're too comfortable in a relationship?

There have been a few common things that always come up when asking someone this question for example; going to the toilet with the door wide open.

How comfortable are you in your relationship and what signs are there that you've noticed if you're too comfortable?

ReputationRep:
    Having a threesome without either of you getting jealous. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    When you are comfortable enough to eat garlic around them
    When you don't mind them watching you sleep knowing full well you sleep with your mouth wide open and drool lol

I wouldn't say there is such a thing as being too comfortable because that makes it sound like being ultimately comfortable with someone is a bad thing, which it definitely isn't. I'm as comfortable as I could possibly be with my partner and I wouldn't change it for the world

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Very comfortable, sometimes too comfortable

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Going for a **** whilst she's in the shower - true love

ReputationRep:
    I've never gotten to that too comfortable stage before. But I imagine that it involves farting around each other, probably burping too (though to be fair most guys I've been with have gone straight to burping). Them finding out that I actually poop is one. The amount of times I have held it in when I've been over at their place is unreal. Basically doing socially gross things around each other without caring.

I have however reached that stage in a friendship. I remember one time my close friend actually popped my spot, we were both weirded out after that it had actually happened but in the moment it was all cool. They've also seen me naked, know my sexual habits as well as me willingly telling/warning them that I'm going to take a **** in their house.

ReputationRep:
    Not in a relationship atm but I've always been comfortable in my relationships, historically, most (ex's) would say too comfortable.. :dry:

ReputationRep:
    I only see him every two weeks, but very comfortable... We talk about the weirdest of things, he goes to the toilet when I'm in the shower.... All sorts!

ReputationRep:
    Don't have any.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Not in a relationship atm but I've always been comfortable in my relationships, historically, most (ex's) would say too comfortable.. :dry:
    In what way would this be?....

ReputationRep:
    I'm so comfortable at the minute. I'm dating two guys, they're both always there for me and they put a smile on my face everyday.

Ben and Jerry both understand me so well... 😍

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisystones)
    I'm so comfortable at the minute. I'm dating two guys, they're both always there for me and they put a smile on my face everyday.

Ben and Jerry both understand me so well...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ^Love this! Completely my life!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColouredTights)
    ^Love this! Completely my life!!
    I've been on Student Room 2 years now and that's easily my best post yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeanlucpicard)
    In what way would this be?....
    Unfortunately girls tend to follow a pattern with me e.g. slight wonderment at my unshakably high levels of stoicism/self-esteem (virtually all girls have insecurities, by contrast) + intimate bonding + emotional attachment (also a function of sexuality, but largely inadvertently fostered, by virtue of my paternalistic nature/commanding persona) + reverse-chase (due to the power balance swinging swiftly toward me, post-coitus) = physical attachment :sexface: + emotional dependency + psychological addiction :daydreaming:

As soon as I sense the chase is over, I expect at least some of the above to happen sooner or later, and get complacent. If I'm not then kept on my toes (usually am not), then I become comfortable in the relationship very quickly. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, however, so long as one feels lucky to have the girl and/or is something of a 'benevolent dictator'

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.