Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi Everyone
    Please Please Please, can someone help me out, i feel so alone in all this. Im in my final year of A-Levels and i constantly feel sad, upset and lonely. My friends and a couple of teachers have noticed my change in personality as i am normally bubbly, happy and confident. The past couple of months though i have had it hard and i have admitted this to teachers, i was stressed out about my UCAS, crying very frequently, then my dad was hospitalised at the same time then after that i was rejected by a university and now i have just completed my mock exams and i feel like they have gone rubbish. Im scared that if i get a U in all of them then i will go back into my hole like i did a couple of months ago. I have really had good support from my teachers while going through all this but now i feel like i cant go back and ask them for more help as i would seem like an attention seeker! My friends are supportive but they have there own problems and my best friend has recently come through depression!

i realised that i need help after i began thinking about anti-depressant drugs, alcohol and other ways of stopping myself thinking the way i am!

please someone help me

ReputationRep:
    Visit your GP

(Original post by Suzanne123)
    Visit your GP
    My GP will tell me i am depressed! I already know that....im looking for other ways to get over it
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My GP will tell me i am depressed! I already know that....im looking for other ways to get over it
    Your GP can do a lot of other things too though! Yes he can confirm if you are clinically depressed but he can also refer you for therapy or counselling or prescribe antidepressants if they thing you need it. Definitely worth a visit :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Your GP can do a lot of other things too though! Yes he can confirm if you are clinically depressed but he can also refer you for therapy or counselling or prescribe antidepressants if they thing you need it. Definitely worth a visit :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :ditto:
    Your GP can also refer you for other things to help, as the above poster has said. Good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.