?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
do you think triple science is a better gcse to have or gcse drama. xx
ThePhoenixLament
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you know what you want to do after GCSEs?
AstroNandos
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Definitely triple science

Because STEM master race
TheTruthTeller
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Drama is the only subject in GCSE,in which your final grade is affected by the performance of others in your class. In other words DO NOT do drama if you have incompetent people in your class. Even if your acting ability is fantastic, they could bring down your grades. I'd personally do 3 science as it opens up more doors for doing a science at A level. Hope I helped.
AgonizedGod
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm actually doing both myself, but if I were you I'd pick the science any day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
jasminam99
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd pick science if I were you, opens up more doors when it comes to A Levels. Also, as someone mentioned above, drama is a hobby and your grades can be brought down by others in the class. I do triple science and I really enjoy it
Emilywest11
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do triple science and I think it is a great option as you come out of it with three qualifications rather than just the one you would get from drama
Bria.Jaye
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Definitely triple Science
pursuedbyabear
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do both and I have to say drama will heavily rely on the teachers and the other people, but don't count it out as 'soft' or whatever. It is most certainly my favourite subject and I'm taking it to A-level. I also took triple but am not taking sciences - but I'd recommend it if that is your plan post-16 (although keep in mind that many sixth forms will allow you to do science A-levels with only double science. Most will highly recommend drama GCSE if you want to take that).
Fallen99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am doing triple science and I really do enjoy it not sure about drama but some of my friends who r doing drama and triple science say triple science is much better than drama
username1744309
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It all depends what you want to do later on in life.

What other subjects are you doing?
suirrel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you're interested in doing drama after GCSEs, I'd go for Drama GCSE. It could be good fun and really good for your self confidence!

If you're definitely going to do science after GCSEs, I'd go for Triple Science though. I only did Double Science and I'm doing 2 science A levels right now and... I really wish I had the opportunity to do Triple Science, lol. It'll give you a really great foundation for later science courses, but if you're not very interested in science then 9 lessons a week might be a bit hard going.

What other subjects are you doing?
morgan8002
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd say triple science, but it depends on what you want to do afterwards. Triple science is a better grounding for A-level science.
LeFeuilly
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm currently taking EDEXCEL iGCSE drama and, to be honest, it isn't easy especially with the rather alarming amount of coursework you need to do and whatnot; either way, the experience itself it really invigorating and you do end up learning a lot (it's also really fun).

So, to answer your question - if you're really interested in pursuing drama (and not because it's an "easy" subject [it isn't]), go for it If not, choose Triple Science.
nox1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I do triple science, and I don't think it's too hard. I don't do drama, but people who do find it a lot of work, and the essay/exam part is actually quite difficult, apparently.
jasminam99
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personally I really enjoy triple science. Biology's my favourite

Posted from TSR Mobile
VintageNutMeg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lavenderpearl)
do you think triple science is a better gcse to have or gcse drama. xx
I did both and honestly really enjoyed both and I'd say they are about as challenging as the other. It depends what you want to do later in life I suppose and what you have the biggest passion for. Lots of luck choosing xx
MissAmberxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I take both but i recomend triple science. Drama is really stressful if you are not able to commit yourself 110% and that would include after school and possibly weekends. It is a lot of fun but a lot of work. Science on the other hand is slightly easier as you already take it. Triple does contain extra content. Be prepared to take lots of notes and go through a lot of pens! Drama is a lot different at gcse and there is a lot of writing. Both are good subjects but it depends on what you are better at.
Good luck x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (25)
67.57%
No I haven't decided yet (6)
16.22%
Yes but I might change my mind (6)
16.22%

Watched Threads