Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    do you think triple science is a better gcse to have or gcse drama. xx

ReputationRep:
    Drama is a hobbie. GCSEs are a piece of piss but they give some in sight into the colossus that is A level science

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what you want to do after GCSEs?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely triple science

Because STEM master race

ReputationRep:
    Drama is the only subject in GCSE,in which your final grade is affected by the performance of others in your class. In other words DO NOT do drama if you have incompetent people in your class. Even if your acting ability is fantastic, they could bring down your grades. I'd personally do 3 science as it opens up more doors for doing a science at A level. Hope I helped.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually doing both myself, but if I were you I'd pick the science any day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick science if I were you, opens up more doors when it comes to A Levels. Also, as someone mentioned above, drama is a hobby and your grades can be brought down by others in the class. I do triple science and I really enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    I do triple science and I think it is a great option as you come out of it with three qualifications rather than just the one you would get from drama

ReputationRep:
    Definitely triple Science

ReputationRep:
    I do both and I have to say drama will heavily rely on the teachers and the other people, but don't count it out as 'soft' or whatever. It is most certainly my favourite subject and I'm taking it to A-level. I also took triple but am not taking sciences - but I'd recommend it if that is your plan post-16 (although keep in mind that many sixth forms will allow you to do science A-levels with only double science. Most will highly recommend drama GCSE if you want to take that).

ReputationRep:
    I am doing triple science and I really do enjoy it not sure about drama but some of my friends who r doing drama and triple science say triple science is much better than drama

ReputationRep:
    It all depends what you want to do later on in life.

What other subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    If you're interested in doing drama after GCSEs, I'd go for Drama GCSE. It could be good fun and really good for your self confidence!

If you're definitely going to do science after GCSEs, I'd go for Triple Science though. I only did Double Science and I'm doing 2 science A levels right now and... I really wish I had the opportunity to do Triple Science, lol. It'll give you a really great foundation for later science courses, but if you're not very interested in science then 9 lessons a week might be a bit hard going.

What other subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say triple science, but it depends on what you want to do afterwards. Triple science is a better grounding for A-level science.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently taking EDEXCEL iGCSE drama and, to be honest, it isn't easy especially with the rather alarming amount of coursework you need to do and whatnot; either way, the experience itself it really invigorating and you do end up learning a lot (it's also really fun).

So, to answer your question - if you're really interested in pursuing drama (and not because it's an "easy" subject [it isn't]), go for it If not, choose Triple Science.

ReputationRep:
    I do triple science, and I don't think it's too hard. I don't do drama, but people who do find it a lot of work, and the essay/exam part is actually quite difficult, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I really enjoy triple science. Biology's my favourite

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavenderpearl)
    do you think triple science is a better gcse to have or gcse drama. xx
    I did both and honestly really enjoyed both and I'd say they are about as challenging as the other. It depends what you want to do later in life I suppose and what you have the biggest passion for. Lots of luck choosing xx

ReputationRep:
    I take both but i recomend triple science. Drama is really stressful if you are not able to commit yourself 110% and that would include after school and possibly weekends. It is a lot of fun but a lot of work. Science on the other hand is slightly easier as you already take it. Triple does contain extra content. Be prepared to take lots of notes and go through a lot of pens! Drama is a lot different at gcse and there is a lot of writing. Both are good subjects but it depends on what you are better at.
    Good luck x

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.