The Student Room Group

A2 German Edexcel

Hey y'all
So I have my mock German A2 exam tomorrow, and I'm on Edexcel. So we have to do the translation, discursive essay then I'll do the literature question and I've done 'Der Besuch der alten Dame'. I'm really struggling to revise for it though, I've learnt quite a lot of quotes for the lit, and done some context and looking at techniques used in the play. Apart from this I haven't done much else and I'm wondering if anyone who does German A2 has any ideas of how to revise for the discursive essay? I know it's only a mock and I can learn from mistakes but I want to go in feeling a bit more confident!

Thank you so much in advance :smile::smile::smile::smile:
Reply 1
I'm finally starting to revise for the real thing now (second time lucky here) but i'm also wondering if anyone has any tips. I'm currently in Germany and resitting my A2 exams this summer back in the UK but I definitely need to do some more topical work. I struggled so much last year revising for German, it's just so hard revising for a language. Just practise practise practise. Sorry I can't give much good advice as i've verkacked mine already, aha. But anyone else?!
Reply 2
Original post by Antoniaotter
I'm finally starting to revise for the real thing now (second time lucky here) but i'm also wondering if anyone has any tips. I'm currently in Germany and resitting my A2 exams this summer back in the UK but I definitely need to do some more topical work. I struggled so much last year revising for German, it's just so hard revising for a language. Just practise practise practise. Sorry I can't give much good advice as i've verkacked mine already, aha. But anyone else?!

Yess it's so hard to revise for a language! I'm thinking of doing mind maps for the literature part, revising grammar and verbs for the translation and then going through the textbook and writing out points to put in different topical discursive essays... But that's all I can think of at the moment!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
How did you do??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending