Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Sorry if I am not posting in the right place!)
    I have an interview on the 23rd in the afternoon for adult nursing and I am freaking out. This is one of my only interviews so far and I don't know anyone who has been before (first in the family to go to UNI)
    So I was hoping for some tips. What to wear, questions that could be asked, is anyone else going, anything which may be useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hatti_96)
    (Sorry if I am not posting in the right place!)
    I have an interview on the 23rd in the afternoon for adult nursing and I am freaking out. This is one of my only interviews so far and I don't know anyone who has been before (first in the family to go to UNI)
    So I was hoping for some tips. What to wear, questions that could be asked, is anyone else going, anything which may be useful.
    Don't freak out! I had mine in December and I really enjoyed it. People were wearing black trousers, blouse, blazer. smart but casual.
    There are group tasks, one where you discuss a certain topic and then individual tasks which they give you 2 scenarios.and you have to show them your bedside manner, then another group task which is quite fun, putting items in order of relevance if u were stranded etc. No one to one type interview at all. When waiting for your turn of the individual tasks you get to talk to tutors and student nurses. It lasts for about 3 hours good luck! x

ReputationRep:
    this was helpful. i have my interview on friday coming and am trying to stay very calm. i just keep telling my self, 'be yourself'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliekins)
    this was helpful. i have my interview on friday coming and am trying to stay very calm. i just keep telling my self, 'be yourself'
    I know how you feel, I was a nervous wreck the whole morning (waiting until 1 was like torture) but I feel OK now about how it went. One part I messed up but I won't go into it because it is so embarrassing About being yourself, that is totally true, particularly in the group situations. Mine had two people which although lovely wouldn't let the rest of us get a word in edge ways and I think they were just saying everything that came into their heads and seem clever, but when I finally managed to say something everyone was nodding and agreeing. And with the scenarios, just be yourself but be professional, since they are watching your bedside manner and memory.
    Sorry for the long post! I hope your interview goes OK, I'm sure it will.

ReputationRep:
    I have my interview on Friday! I'm quite nervous and not a 100% sure what to expect. How much did they expect you to know about current issues in health? and how difficult was the individual task?
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoeef)
    I have my interview on Friday! I'm quite nervous and not a 100% sure what to expect. How much did they expect you to know about current issues in health? and how difficult was the individual task?
    thank you!
    I felt the same way, not knowing what to expect. As far as I presume all the interviews are done in the same way, so for mine the 1st task was watching a video on dignity and discussing this, so maybe issues in health could come in use here as a way of showing your point. We weren't expected to recite exact waiting times for example so as long as you have a fairly decent idea on what is happening then you should be fine. And the individual tasks although terrifying (to me anyway) they were actually not that bad at all, just be sure to memorize the information and pretend you know what you are talking about. Like I said in another reply, I messed one of mine up but I carried on regardless because I figured that was better than trying to stop, so just make sure you read everything properly.
    Good luck, I'm sure you will do really well!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you this helped a lot! I was getting worried about how little I know but I should be able to do enough reading in time to see me through and I'm sure it wasn't that bad! If you just carried on it shows how well you can deal with situations and correct your mistakes, you never know it might actually work in your favour!
    thanks again!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.