Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi All!

I am in my first year at uni doing psychology. I have been given an essay that I am really struggling on. I have to Summaries and Evaluate a research paper which is "point-and-shoot memories: the influence of taking photos on memory for a museum tour" by Henkel. I spoke to my tutor to help me and all she gave me a little plan of 50 words for intro, 300 for summary, 600 for evaluation and 50 for conclusion. Then told me to evaluate through DRREEEEEAAAMSS. I am okay with the summary but ive spent two days trying to wrap my head around the evaluative part, even rummaging through the internet and books I can't find anything. Everyone has a different style and there are parts she never even spoke about in the seminar. I never had to do an evaluative essay, as I have never done psychology before. I am starting to panic a little.

I tried emailing her for more help but all she has said that I just need to pick three negative and 1 positive from DRREEEEAAMSS. I don't know why I am struggling so much but if anyone can be kind enough to clarify what they are looking for I would be really greatful.
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.