The Student Room Group

Can I retake my GCSE maths exam?

Hi,
I would like to retake my GCSE exam, and I wanted to study from home and take the exam at my college. Can I do this? Or is the option to take the IGCSE exams at my college, and study from home without having to do/pay for the course? I want to retake because I got a C, and some of the university courses I'm interested in require grade B or higher (I'm fine in other subjects, its just the maths I need to retake). I just wanted to know if I could retake maths now, and use that grade (if I do well enough) to meet university entry requirements. (I'm currently doing first year AS A level, started in September).
If the college are happy to do this, you can. You will have to ask them directly.
Reply 2
Original post by Charlotte.oj
Hi,
I would like to retake my GCSE exam, and I wanted to study from home and take the exam at my college. Can I do this?

Yes, or you can take it at any other exam centre that will accept you, though your current centre is likely to be the cheapest option. You need to pick a syllabus to enter - the IGCSe content differs from GCSE quite a bit, so don't swap to that. Stick with what you've done already. The entry deadline for this summer is 21 February, but I suggest you try and get it sorted by the end of January.

Quick Reply

Latest