Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I would like to retake my GCSE exam, and I wanted to study from home and take the exam at my college. Can I do this? Or is the option to take the IGCSE exams at my college, and study from home without having to do/pay for the course? I want to retake because I got a C, and some of the university courses I'm interested in require grade B or higher (I'm fine in other subjects, its just the maths I need to retake). I just wanted to know if I could retake maths now, and use that grade (if I do well enough) to meet university entry requirements. (I'm currently doing first year AS A level, started in September).

    If the college are happy to do this, you can. You will have to ask them directly.

    (Original post by Charlotte.oj)
    I would like to retake my GCSE exam, and I wanted to study from home and take the exam at my college. Can I do this?
    Yes, or you can take it at any other exam centre that will accept you, though your current centre is likely to be the cheapest option. You need to pick a syllabus to enter - the IGCSe content differs from GCSE quite a bit, so don't swap to that. Stick with what you've done already. The entry deadline for this summer is 21 February, but I suggest you try and get it sorted by the end of January.
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.