Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I made a mistake while filling in my education section on UCAS. I already am on Track and just realised my mistake. i got offers from most universities. what should i do? Is there a risk of losing my offers or my application getting cancelled?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaky2121)
    I made a mistake while filling in my education section on UCAS. I already am on Track and just realised my mistake. i got offers from most universities. what should i do? Is there a risk of losing my offers or my application getting cancelled?
    It depends on the nature of your mistake- however, if it's just a minor mistake, then it shouldn't affect your offers. You should contact UCAS ASAP and explain the mistake. You should also contact the universities you've applied to and explain the situation.

If you rectify the mistake now, it's unlikely to cause you any problems. It's more likely to cause you problems if it's found out at a later date by the unis you've applied to or UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlowlorisIncognito)
    It depends on the nature of your mistake- however, if it's just a minor mistake, then it shouldn't affect your offers. You should contact UCAS ASAP and explain the mistake. You should also contact the universities you've applied to and explain the situation.

If you rectify the mistake now, it's unlikely to cause you any problems. It's more likely to cause you problems if it's found out at a later date by the unis you've applied to or UCAS.
    Thank you! what happened was that I'm expecting my results in about a month. i was given my predicted grades from my school and in the education section i was unaware that "pending" meant that the referee will be the one sending the predicted grades so i filled it in with my predicted grades saying that the qualification date will be feb 2015 instead of "pending". is it a major mistake? however, i already contacted UCAS and my unis and still awaiting their response.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! what happened was that I'm expecting my results in about a month. i was given my predicted grades from my school and in the education section i was unaware that "pending" meant that the referee will be the one sending the predicted grades so i filled it in with my predicted grades saying that the qualification date will be feb 2015 instead of "pending". is it a major mistake? however, i already contacted UCAS and my unis and still awaiting their response.
    As you've already got offers, the unis may already have figured out your mistake. I'm amazed they haven't asked you for clarification already.

If you've already contacted everyone, there's not much else you can do. I can't predict what their response will be, unfortunately, but hopefully you get everything sorted.

It is a fairly serious mistake, but as I said, the unis may have already figured out what you've done, and you're probably not the first ones to do it.

ReputationRep:
    As you've already got offers, the unis may already have figured out your mistake. I'm amazed they haven't asked you for clarification already.

If you've already contacted everyone, there's not much else you can do. I can't predict what their response will be, unfortunately, but hopefully you get everything sorted.

It is a fairly serious mistake, but as I said, the unis may have already figured out what you've done, and you're probably not the first ones to do it.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    Really I'm quite surprised the unis didn't spot you were claiming to have qualifications from February already! In some ways, as the offers are their mistake, they should not be withdrawn- however, their mistake is based on your mistake, so I don't think you'd get very far with complaining about this.

Good luck. I'm sure if the rest of your application is strong, the unis involved will be keen to have you anyway

ReputationRep:
    Really I'm quite surprised the unis didn't spot you were claiming to have qualifications from February already! In some ways, as the offers are their mistake, they should not be withdrawn- however, their mistake is based on your mistake, so I don't think you'd get very far with complaining about this.

Good luck. I'm sure if the rest of your application is strong, the unis involved will be keen to have you anyway
    thanks but is there any chance of me losing those offers?

ReputationRep:
    thanks but is there any chance of me losing those offers?
    Unfortunately, it would be possible for the unis to withdraw their offers in this situation. I'm not sure how likely it would be for this to actually happen. As the UCAS deadline is approaching, admissions departments might be quite busy at the moment. However, if you haven't heard anything in two weeks or so, I would chase the unis up.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, it would be possible for the unis to withdraw their offers in this situation. I'm not sure how likely it would be for this to actually happen. As the UCAS deadline is approaching, admissions departments might be quite busy at the moment. However, if you haven't heard anything in two weeks or so, I would chase the unis up.
    If they withdraw their offers, will i have to wait until next year to apply again?

ReputationRep:
    If they withdraw their offers, will i have to wait until next year to apply again?
    If all the unis withdraw their offers, you may be able to apply to other courses via UCAS Extra or through clearing. You would need to confirm this with UCAS if all the unis involved withdrew their offers.

However, it's an individual decision from each uni, so it may be that one or two choose to withdraw their offers, and the others choose not to. If you have your heart set on one of the unis who withdraw their offers, you would need to contact them, to ask if they would consider a reapplication at any stage.

ReputationRep:
    Someone from my sixth form made the same mistake, when they told everyone it got sorted out without any problems. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    If all the unis withdraw their offers, you may be able to apply to other courses via UCAS Extra or through clearing. You would need to confirm this with UCAS if all the unis involved withdrew their offers.

However, it's an individual decision from each uni, so it may be that one or two choose to withdraw their offers, and the others choose not to. If you have your heart set on one of the unis who withdraw their offers, you would need to contact them, to ask if they would consider a reapplication at any stage.
    I contacted UCAS and the unis. everything is fixed. Thank you for your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LucasADNorth)
    Someone from my sixth form made the same mistake, when they told everyone it got sorted out without any problems. Good luck
    Everything is good. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I contacted UCAS and the unis. everything is fixed. Thank you for your help!
    That's great

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.