Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I changed my bank details in September and the first payment was paid into this new account but for some reason the bank details were changed to my old account which is closed. It says paid on student finance website so does this mean I have lost my money. Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heisenberg Stark)
    I changed my bank details in September and the first payment was paid into this new account but for some reason the bank details were changed to my old account which is closed. It says paid on student finance website so does this mean I have lost my money. Thanks in advance
    If it's a closed account the money should have bounced back. Give them a call tomorrow if you haven't already today. Explain to them your situation and possibly have your bank details ready to update it for them.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks I contacted student finance and they said that if it is a closed account it will take up to 14 working days for the money to be reversed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How long did it end up taking

ReputationRep:
    QFA
    How long did it end up taking
    ^^

ReputationRep:
    Quicker than I thought, I think around a week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Quicker than I thought, I think around a week

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you know exactly how many days it took to come back as a failed payment? I'm stuck in the same situation as you were

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.