The Student Room Group

QTS Tests

I've got offers from various universities to study Primary Education with QTS, but I have to pass the QTS tests in Maths and English before July. Please can someone help me/reassure me about these tests?
Reply 1
Hi there!
I sat both my tests in December a week or two apart and passed both first time. Personally, I didn't find them too bad and after reassuring myself by doing some of the online practise tests to check my ability I just did some additional revision of grammar rules, some spellings and watched youtube videos on mental arithmetic.
I advise starting with a practise test to see what standard you are at and learn what you need to improve on. There's also additional text books etc you can purchase if you feel you need them, but I advise googling for free resources first, as I personally found these to be sufficient.
Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Elle.B
Hi there!
I sat both my tests in December a week or two apart and passed both first time. Personally, I didn't find them too bad and after reassuring myself by doing some of the online practise tests to check my ability I just did some additional revision of grammar rules, some spellings and watched youtube videos on mental arithmetic.
I advise starting with a practise test to see what standard you are at and learn what you need to improve on. There's also additional text books etc you can purchase if you feel you need them, but I advise googling for free resources first, as I personally found these to be sufficient.
Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! Things should hopefully work out:smile::smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest