Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What should I do next, please help. Only got an ordinary non honours degree and watch

ReputationRep:
    Didn't know where else to post it, so posted it here. I just need some advice. All the way thorugh my degree, I regretted choosing to do that degree and I was also suffering from depression and bulimia but didnt seek help, as well as having relationships with my family break down at the same time when I came out to them. I failed half of my final year and I ended up with 300 credits instead of 360. I decided in my depressed state to leave the course with 300 credits and therefore get a degree without honours, Which to this day I still think about should I have gone back but I was so unhappy I decided to move on.

I ended up getting on a professional postgrad course which I have 6 months left then I can qualify as an Early Years Teacher I was so happy and grateful when I was accepted on the course. Now I just want advice on what I should do next.
    I am feeling better at the moment and I either want to pursue a masters in education, which my course I can gain 20 masters credits for but I have to apply for the full masters. Or should I transfer my credits if possible to the OU to get honours. Or should I apply for a postgraduate diploma in something different. They are my options at the moment and I would really really appreciate any help or advice because Ive had to make all my decisions completely on my own for the past 5 years and I want to make the right choices and I dont really know what I should do.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Do you want to study further or get a job? You could go into teaching without an honours degree.

Since I started teaching, all my postgraduate study has been paid for by my school or has been free for serving teachers. Teaching Early Years is very rewarding and you'd then have the option of getting 'sponsored' to do further study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttley79)
    Do you want to study further or get a job? You could go into teaching without an honours degree.

Since I started teaching, all my postgraduate study has been paid for by my school or has been free for serving teachers. Teaching Early Years is very rewarding and you'd then have the option of getting 'sponsored' to do further study.
    I want to do both, part time studying and working which I hope I will be doing starting in september. Thats great for you! The thing is, its a new course and you gain EYTS instead of QTS. So you are not technically a teacher. I do want to get QTS aswell, like majorly. All ive wanted to be is an EYFS teacher. So I am undecided on what to do next.

ReputationRep:
    I see - there are several routes to a QTS as you are probably aware.

Investigate which suits you best; some are 'on the job' training and they might suit your situation.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.education.gov.uk/get-into...ps/early-years

I expect you've seen this but it might be useful for others.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.