Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just done a maths mock exam last Friday and got the exam results yesterday.
    Even though I have done the paper before as a part paper, I have improved by 4-6 marks from the previous mark I had got, this is because of the content of he topics I have covered throughout the months of revision. I made silly mistakes such as 142/2 = 72, when it was meant to be 71.
    i got 81% in the test! I think I can get the equal amount in the calculator test, can anyone give me and tips for websites that cover A* topics! other than mathswatch, haven't gone through all the topics yet, got the edexcel a linear maths student book, everything is have learnt just can't seem to remember it, any tips on how to improve your memory overall, not just for maths I know it's by descent the same thing over and over again or writing it in your own words and reading it as your mind will be more familiar with it and it is the way you write.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    I just done a maths mock exam last Friday and got the exam results yesterday.
    Even though I have done the paper before as a part paper, I have improved by 4-6 marks from the previous mark I had got, this is because of the content of he topics I have covered throughout the months of revision. I made silly mistakes such as 142/2 = 72, when it was meant to be 71.
    i got 81% in the test! I think I can get the equal amount in the calculator test, can anyone give me and tips for websites that cover A* topics! other than mathswatch, haven't gone through all the topics yet, got the edexcel a linear maths student book, everything is have learnt just can't seem to remember it, any tips on how to improve your memory overall, not just for maths I know it's by descent the same thing over and over again or writing it in your own words and reading it as your mind will be more familiar with it and it is the way you write.
    It sounds mundane but honestly nothing beats past papers for gcse prep. Just keep doing them until you get full marks.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.