The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rumana101
how come you've done the exam, is it aqa?

yup i had it on monday; i thought everyone that has aqa did?
Original post by Natalie15
That's the exact same for me, I was shocked they repeated Parris too. They throw us off sometimes. I chose betrayal, I wrote about John and Elizabeth's relationship and how he betrayed her and also how Mary Warren betrayed her friends but in a good way. A positive and negative betrayal.

TKAMB threw me off a bit, the questions were easy but so hard to answer?! The extract was hard to analyse,

yh i wrote the same thing for betrayal except i wrote about mary warren betraying proctor by conforming to the hysteria in act 3

let's just hope poetry tomorrow is sweet but knowing aqa they'll probably do something ugly
Reply 822
Original post by andyman1006
That is the old system, for 2015, they have introduced the possibility of any poem on any tier

are you sure because my teacher said that flag, the right word and the falling leaves will not be named on the higher paper and beflast confetti, yellow palm and next to god of course america will be named only on the higher paper and not foundation.
Original post by am99
are you sure because my teacher said that flag, the right word and the falling leaves will not be named on the higher paper and beflast confetti, yellow palm and next to god of course america will be named only on the higher paper and not foundation.

he's lying to you!
Predictions for character and voice?
Hello

I am doing character and voice,

and just had a question about the poem Singh Song:

Why is the bride on a dating website, when she is just married?
I dont undersTAND THIS. wOULD MUCH APPRECIATE AND FOLLOW YOU IF YOU COULD HELP ME OUT.

Many Thanks!!
Looking at the pattern of past papers, one tends to be Literary Heritage and one Contemporary poetry?

So I would say tomorrow Relationships may get To His Coy Mistress- the only Literary Heritage that hasn't been asked yet
And Brothers or In Paris with you, they've only become available on higher tier this year so haven't been asked yet :smile:
Original post by Hot&Spicy
Hello

I am doing character and voice,

and just had a question about the poem Singh Song:

Why is the bride on a dating website, when she is just married?
I dont undersTAND THIS. wOULD MUCH APPRECIATE AND FOLLOW YOU IF YOU COULD HELP ME OUT.

Many Thanks!!

She is not on a dating webstie; she runs one x
Original post by Positivedani
She is not on a dating webstie; she runs one x

Oh ok tahnk you so much. Just didnt make sense to me. xxxxx
Reply 829
For character and voice - which poems do people think would make good comparisons?
Reply 830
Does anyone have any tips for the exam itself like techniques bc I have no clue what I am doing in it tomorrow?

I'm doing Higher for the Relationships Cluster :smile:
Reply 831
Original post by am99

I don't think they have done bayonet charge.
Reply 832
Original post by youreanutter
well they have now introduced foundation on higher so flag the right word and falling leaves are technically the only poems not to have come up and belfast confetti and bayinet charge were removed from AQA website so thats 5poems out of the 15 i would defo revise as 1 will almost definetly come up

what do you mean they were removed from the aqa website?
Does anyone have any predictions for Place poetry??
Reply 834
What question can come for the conflict section tomorrow?
Original post by bellaap
I'm doing the relationships cluster tomorrow- does anyone have any tips on how to get A*? Or a structure format? would really appreciate it:colondollar:

No matter which cluster just talk about structure and form
Anyone doing the character and voice cluster?? What do you think will come up?
Original post by JR57
For character and voice - which poems do people think would make good comparisons?

It depends what the question is asking to be honest
Is anyone doing the Place poems, and do they have any predictions for it??
Original post by Bekahx
Does anyone have any tips for the exam itself like techniques bc I have no clue what I am doing in it tomorrow?

I'm doing Higher for the Relationships Cluster :smile:

Hey, Im doing the same as you, i would recommend having a look at the exam board mark scheme because there is a lot of help on there, be sure to talk about like language techniques like caesuras and end stop lines, run on lines, punctuation and the effects, and specific words or repetition, metaphors, similies etc and the effect on the reader, good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending