The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hot&Spicy
Thanks babe, but do you think it is likely that the two possible questions will be on MLD & Ruined maid, because i know every poem but these two?

Yes maybe I do think those two are likely to come up together so revise them if you have time. Good luck :biggrin:
How could you compare The Ruined Maid to Brendon Gallacher or Case History Alison?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, just done the exam and I have to say it was actually really easy. I did the "Manhunt" question for relationships (not sure who on Earth would have done the other.) The unseen was also easy!
Yay done!
I did the character and voice section with Brendon Gallacher and Checking out my history. My points were:
1. Brendon wants to escape which is his dream - and this is actually Kays way to convey what she wants.
2. Agard is having his identity blocked by the white people and his dream was to go and carve out his identity.
3. Kay conveys an obstacle always stands in the way; in her case growning up.
4. Agard uses metaphors to portray that people in the blCk culture were ableto achieve their desires.

Unseen poem:
1. Repetition of first and last line in each stanza. The word 'although' suggests she is about to critise someone. It is effective how we do not know who she is talking about as each reader can interpret what is she says differently.
2. 'Silly smile' is the only positive amongst a list of negatives so our attention is brought to this. It had alliteration on it to emphasis it.
3. The last line shows it is better to be in love than out of it.
So glad that Mametz Wood came up, I feel like I really had something to talk about! The unseen poem was pretty easy to analyse too so I feel much more positive about the exam than I did before going in. How did everyone else find it?
what was the mametz wood question as i did that one but i may nothave read the question???
Reply 926
Original post by BoomCha!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, just done the exam and I have to say it was actually really easy. I did the "Manhunt" question for relationships (not sure who on Earth would have done the other.) The unseen was also easy!

Which poem did you compare with? loads of my mates did quickdraw but i did in paris with you XP
I thought the unseen was really hard!!!!! I really liked the Bayonet Charge question though!
Original post by BoomCha!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed, that was a lot better than I thought it would go.
Original post by 10steelem
what was the mametz wood question as i did that one but i may nothave read the question???

How does the poet use places to present ideas of conflict? (Or something similar)
THAT WAS A DREAM :smile:

Honestly I feel very confident, for the unseen I talked about the title being Symptom? I added it connotes sickness when really the poet is trying to suggest the love for her child is infectious.
Original post by DaringDaniel

Honestly I feel very confident, for the unseen I talked about the title being Symptom? I added it connotes sickness when really the poet is trying to suggest the love for her child is infectious.

Love for her child??
Reply 932

Wait..... the subject was a child? I thought it was someone who she is in love with?

how do you know it was love for a child?
Original post by neza99
Wait..... the subject was a child? I thought it was someone who she is in love with?

same I'm confused now
Reply 935
Original post by rumana101
same I'm confused now

I think there's no right or wrong answer to be honest, i interpreted as the subject was her lover and she was feeling those symptoms because the subject loved someone else and not her. So unrequited love.
Original post by rumana101
how do you know it was love for a child?

A child the question said being in love so I thought it meant love a romantic way
The subject can be interpretates however you like!
What poem did you guys choose for place and how much did people write for each section?

That's exactly what I put !!
Except for child part

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending