The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Guys whats the difference between adrenaline and noradrenaline in the fight and flight response? :smile:
Can someone list the things we need to know to answer

"Discuss how the links between a range of human behaviours and the dopamine receptor DRD4 may contribute to the understanding of human behaviour"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Beni24
whats the difference between natural selection and genetic drift? :smile:

Genetic drift:
Greater effect on smaller populations as chance has a greater influence
Organisms likelihood of survival is purely due to chance

Natural selection:
Characteristics become more common if they increase an organisms likelihood of survival.
Usually work in large populations as chance factors tend to even out.
What do I need to know about Dopamine? My textbook and revision guides are pretty vague
any predictions?
Original post by Beni24
Guys whats the difference between adrenaline and noradrenaline in the fight and flight response? :smile:

I think they're essentially the same thing. Adrenaline may be the breakdown of noradrenaline
I'm not sure which one OCR prefers :/
can someone outline the steps involved in sequencing the genome of an organism - don't understand the way the textbook explains it and what I specifically need to know.

thanx:smile:
do we need to know the names of the antibody chemicals used on genetically engineered human insulin?
so ampicillin and tetracycline
Original post by LucyAJ
What do I need to know about Dopamine? My textbook and revision guides are pretty vague

Here's all I know (if I've missed something important out let me know
Its a neurotransmitter
Affect mood mainly make people more outgoing
5 different receptors
Dopanine can have different effects it depends on which receptor it binds to
Having too much D4 can link to abnormal behaviour, can affect memory and emotions.
Evidence
Drugs that stimulate dopamine receptors given to healthy people cause behaviour seen in schizophrenia
Drugs that block receptors for dopamine reduce symptoms of schizophrenia
People with schizophrenia have a higher density of D4 receptors in the brain. Having more D4 receptors means its more likely that dopamine will bind to these receptors and trigger a response.
Original post by lyd.maddox
do we need to know the names of the antibody chemicals used on genetically engineered human insulin?
so ampicillin and tetracycline

yes
Guys do you think the hardy-Weinberg principle will come up again this year because a lot of people struggled with it last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
whats the hardest paper? jan 2011?
Original post by cinderella25
Guys do you think the hardy-Weinberg principle will come up again this year because a lot of people struggled with it last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, i think chi-squared will come up instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cinderella25

Posted from TSR Mobile

considering how ****ed up the exam board is you never know.
Original post by Alltimesarah
Here's all I know (if I've missed something important out let me know
Its a neurotransmitter
Affect mood mainly make people more outgoing
5 different receptors
Dopanine can have different effects it depends on which receptor it binds to
Having too much D4 can link to abnormal behaviour, can affect memory and emotions.
Evidence
Drugs that stimulate dopamine receptors given to healthy people cause behaviour seen in schizophrenia
Drugs that block receptors for dopamine reduce symptoms of schizophrenia
People with schizophrenia have a higher density of D4 receptors in the brain. Having more D4 receptors means its more likely that dopamine will bind to these receptors and trigger a response.

You absolute star thank you!!! 🌟🌟🌟
Can someone outline how to genetical engineer insulin please? and for golden rice
Original post by doctor_2_be
considering how ****ed up the exam board is you never know.

Just in case I have revised for it and now I am hoping it will come up haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Prince edmund
Nah, i think chi-squared will come up instead

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I revised that too. But just in case I also revised hardy-Weinberg and I hope it will come up too haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
that moment you get 29% in a paper the day before the exam
can anyone help me out with the differences between reproductive an non-reproductive cloning?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending