Original post by Lousamnap
Grade bounderies anyone?

I'd guess
70 for A*
64 for A
58 for B
ect
Original post by loperdoper
But surely the bin is a reward, so if the raccoon learns to push the bin lid off it is rewarded? Raccoons go through multiple bins each day, so they're repeatedly presented with a bin and they've learnt that if they interact with the bin, they're rewarded?

I was 50/50 on putting operant vs insight but put operant because they phrased it as "the raccoon learns to push the bin lid off"

I put insight learning

The racoom had to think how it could open the tin and stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Feeebz
For A, 20 animals were affected, for B it was 14, and for C it was 2... Surely the answer is A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was my reasoning exactly, more individuals were effected in the A species so it had to be that one
unofficial mark scheme anyone? :smile: :smile:
Reply 4504
Original post by wanna get laid
I put insight learning

The racoom had to think how it could open the tin and stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

same put insight
what did people say for the compound similar to nicotine being safe for humans it was the very last question
Original post by Harry1996
It was insight learning and not operant conditioning, OC is learning by reward and punishment whereas insight learning is using reasoning and judgement from past experiences

wasn't the reward the food in the container?
I put operant conditioning for the raccoon one because it didn't mention past experiences. Like the rats in the box to get a treat, if they just happen to take the lid off the bin then they get a reward?!!

I put speciation for the snails near the road. I originally put geographical separation but then thought that was too obvious :frown:

For the asthma one, it mentioned something in the question about that the drug binds to the protein receptors. So I said that children with the mutation may have different shaped receptors so the normal drug wouldn't bind...

I'm on a gap year too and decided to retake this paper to boost my over A-Level score. I personally found that paper better than last year's but I found this year's F214 quite hard. Chin up everyone - no more Biology!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peters97
I wasn't electrophoresis it was about fluorescent markers creating different wavelengths as the sequence is stopped meaning there is variation in size

Omg this is what i put but everyone's going on about electropherosis and i keep kicking myself 😖
That was my reasoning exactly, more individuals were effected in the A species so it had to be that one

Im not sure fam

More may have been affected, but the frequency doesnt change much

It has to be c. Small populations ---> greater chance of genetic drift and alleles being eliminated from the population. You could see this from the data in the table

Posted from TSR Mobile

But you had to look at the allele frequency?
Original post by BioAgent
C had the biggest decrease.

What do you mean decrease... Sure one increased?!
I said both use a transport medium and both bind to receptors on the cell surface membrane

Thats whats i put.

Yeah either one increased and the other decreased (the allele frequency) I think it was by 0.20
Reply 4514
You had to go by percentage of allele frequencies, not the number affected i believe.
what did people say for the compound similar to nicotine being safe for humans it was the very last question

i put the conc was too low to cause any harm

It was only the biggest decrease because there were so few of them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4517
Did anyone talk about trans location for one of the last questions..
Original post by cforcoldplay
Omg this is what i put but everyone's going on about electropherosis and i keep kicking myself 😖

Did it mention it in the question?

That was a tough one

I said that insects and humans are greatly genetically different, so the insecticide will have harmful effect to insects but harmless to humans

Lol, dunno fam. 1 mark though :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending