The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lizzieee4
You just needed to say something like
Auxin produced at tip, auxin when distribured moves to shady side so only shady side elongates so it leans towards the sun

Thanx
I put the bit about it being in the shade but not that it was produced at the tip. Didn't get a chance to go over this b4 exam and teacher is rubbish.
Original post by sophf123
I did haha! You're the only person that I know who has!!

Make that 3 people.
I was stuck between meiosis 1 + Mitosis 1.
You just needed to say something like
Auxin produced at tip, auxin when distribured moves to shady side so only shady side elongates so it leans towards the sun

Did i just make this up or is the auxin actively transported to the shady side
Original post by Anonymous97
ahh cool, thank you! nah, i doubt it, u probably smashed it! It must have been 10x harder to do for you coz of what happened before the exam.

I hope so me going to uni depends on this.

It didn't help that the invilator kept asking me if I was OK every 10 min + exam officer is a bitch and hates everyone and wouldn't allow me to apply for special consideration despite teachers saying I should be allowed.
Original post by doctor_2_be
I hope so me going to uni depends on this.

It didn't help that the invilator kept asking me if I was OK every 10 min + exam officer is a bitch and hates everyone and wouldn't allow me to apply for special consideration despite teachers saying I should be allowed.

That is really unfair i am applying for it because i have a painful ear infection atm my exams officer just said to bring in a doctors note
Agree with you on all accounts. It's a pity I didn't retake anything cause I couldnt remember any AS stuff or maybe that was from hitting my head?:frown:

I had trouble too, especially on the Nicotine questions. Strokes and thromboses and blood pressure... I didn't remember any of it.
Original post by WishIHadRevised
Let's make an unofficial markscheme?

1. mitosis and meiosis, DNA replication and cell division

2. random segregation of chromosomes in anaphase 1 and of chromatids in anaphase 2, random fertilisation of egg, random fertilisation of sperm, crossing over, random mutation in meiosis and mitosis, chiasmata forming, random distribution of paternal and maternal DNA across the cells in meisos.

3.etc.

Do you reckon for Q 1 you could the marks for Interphase and Telophase instead of DNA rep and cell division?
Original post by ShivanjaliNP
Do you reckon for Q 1 you could the marks for Interphase and Telophase instead of DNA rep and cell division?

Telophase I think yeah but I'm not sure in interphase because it's not just DNA replication that happens in interphase but I'm not 100% sure myself, it might be accepted. :smile:
has anyone found a link to an unnofficial mark scheme
Let's make an unofficial markscheme?

1. mitosis and meiosis, DNA replication and cell division

2. random segregation of chromosomes in anaphase 1 and of chromatids in anaphase 2, random fertilisation of egg, random fertilisation of sperm, crossing over, random mutation in meiosis and mitosis, chiasmata forming, random distribution of paternal and maternal DNA across the cells in meisos.

3.etc.

Do you think they will accept interphase and cytokinesis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mangomango
Do you think they will accept interphase and cytokinesis?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems a lot of people have put that so maybe I'm wrong... that ^ is just what I put so they could well do.
Original post by Miller_r
Did i just make this up or is the auxin actively transported to the shady side

Auxin is actively transported into the cells, so you might get away with it if you made refernece to the elongation bit possibly.... I'm not sure though, I don't recall seeing that in my notes.
Auxin is actively transported into the cells, so you might get away with it if you made refernece to the elongation bit possibly.... I'm not sure though, I don't recall seeing that in my notes.

Yea i did explain what the auxin does but knowing how much detail they want in A2 i thought there may be extra marks explaining how it gets there
Original post by Miller_r
That is really unfair i am applying for it because i have a painful ear infection atm my exams officer just said to bring in a doctors note

I guess I'll have to hope Ive done enough to get at least a B overall in biology. My exam officer wouldn't let me even get my exam script for some of my last year's papers even though I would have payed for them - her excuse, I can't be bothered.:angry:
Original post by HuggleyDuck
I had trouble too, especially on the Nicotine questions. Strokes and thromboses and blood pressure... I didn't remember any of it.

Fingers crossed the grade boundaries are low
I guess I'll have to hope Ive done enough to get at least a B overall in biology. My exam officer wouldn't let me even get my exam script for some of my last year's papers even though I would have payed for them - her excuse, I can't be bothered.:angry:

Lol i am surprised a student hasn't slapped her yet you know these exams just decide umm i don't know our future
I think it will be 64 for an A.
Does anybody remember the figures in the X^2 question?
Original post by Shertic
Does anybody remember the figures in the X^2 question?

I don't know the figures but I got 1401 as the answer.
I don't know the figures but I got 1401 as the answer.

I remember getting 1400 something but I'm not sure if I got 1401 :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending