The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by AnnekaChan173
You have time, don't freak out. If you make notes, do that. If not, use whatever way you learn best. Ecosystems aren't impossible, it's just a problem of memorising it. Don't take too much in at once, it will overwhelm you. Try a module per session perhaps. Read notes/textbook, or if it works better for you, just work on questions open book. Then after doing all of that when we get closer to exams, start doing papers.

#IDoOCRAForBothBioAndChemProbs

lmao thought i was in the chem thread
Original post by bakedbeans247
Hey guys, I posted something similar like this a few days ago if you remember, but since then i've just had a flick through the whole of f215 and i really hardly know any of it :frown: And i'm freaking out :frown: I thought i would know a decent amount of f215, as i know most of f214 well, but i don't

Like i said before i still I have to cover the last 2 modules myself, which god willing ill finish by the end of next wk (I've only started the ecosystems module but it seems ok). Now if i can go over most of f215 and memorize most of it before the exams start in June, without doing past papers for f215, do think i could get a low A (or a v.high B like a few UMS away from an A) for f215? Btw I haven't really had any tests/mocks for f215.

Not joking, i feel like im going to fail my exams (btw I need AAB). Please, somebody give me some gd news.

Honestly DO NOT WORRY! you have about a month which is plenty of time!!! Honestly don't freak out because that's the worst thing you can possibly do. I need to get an A in Biology and I haven't attempted an F214 or F215 paper. What I tend to do is do neat notes of the entire subject then do topic specific questions. Then i will plan to churn as many past papers in the half term and study leave! Don't be fased by people telling you how much they're doing or have done because the ones that shout the loudest are the ones that don't do as well :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
if you do as retakes and get a worse mark does your best mark get counted?
Reply 623
Hi. Does anyone know what topics came up in last years biology exam?
Reply 624
does anyone have the f215 2014 paper? reaaaaally need it
Original post by tomixox
Honestly DO NOT WORRY! you have about a month which is plenty of time!!! Honestly don't freak out because that's the worst thing you can possibly do. I need to get an A in Biology and I haven't attempted an F214 or F215 paper. What I tend to do is do neat notes of the entire subject then do topic specific questions. Then i will plan to churn as many past papers in the half term and study leave! Don't be fased by people telling you how much they're doing or have done because the ones that shout the loudest are the ones that don't do as well :wink:

Thanks for the boost man :wink:
If u dont mind me asking, what did you get in AS and when did you start revising?
Original post by bakedbeans247
Thanks for the boost man :wink:
If u dont mind me asking, what did you get in AS and when did you start revising?

Sure thang!
F211 83/90UMS
F212 144/150UMS
F213 or whatever coursework is called 44/60UMS (lol)
I honestly didn't know anything all year round because I never shut up in lessons. Anyway blah blah blah, I got a D in my mock in January which woke me the hell up! I started last years revision in Easter and by revision I meant started making neat notes. Didn't start papers til study leave I don't think!
However this year I've been a lot better - talk less in lessons, more up to date with my notes etc. because I learnt from my slacking ways on last year!!
Seriously Bio is just annoying me now...each page in the big book feels like an extra 5GB in my mind...I'd really just rather focus on other A-levels. How hard is it to get a B overall at A2?
Original post by Cosmocos
Seriously Bio is just annoying me now...each page in the big book feels like an extra 5GB in my mind...I'd really just rather focus on other A-levels. How hard is it to get a B overall at A2?

Are you referring to the nelson thrones one??? I REALLY recommend the CGP books! They were so incredibly good and concise!!! And gooood exam tips!!!
Reply 629
Original post by tomixox
Are you referring to the nelson thrones one??? I REALLY recommend the CGP books! They were so incredibly good and concise!!! And gooood exam tips!!!

yes i used the CGP book last year too, also using it this year

really good
Original post by tomixox

I have these small Unit books, they'e OK. I'm a bit suspicious of using CGP for Bio lol
Reply 631
I have these small Unit books, they'e OK. I'm a bit suspicious of using CGP for Bio lol

I use the textbook version of CGP, green and small
Original post by Yua
I use the textbook version of CGP, green and small

There's a textbook version?!
Reply 633
There's a textbook version?!

Yeah I've been using that this year but used the revision guide version last year
Original post by Yua
Yeah I've been using that this year but used the revision guide version last year

Yeah I'm referring to the student/text book one! I haven't tried the revision ones myself but really recommend the CGP text book one
Original post by tomixox
Yeah I'm referring to the student/text book one! I haven't tried the revision ones myself but really recommend the CGP text book one

the one with purple and black at the front is so ****
Reply 636
Original post by tomixox

I managed 268 with the revision guide last year but I could've got higher if I had used the textbook version, it filled in all the gaps in knowledge

this year looks more promising since im using the textbook
Reply 637
Original post by frozo123
the one with purple and black at the front is so ****

I think thats physics?
Reply 638
Has anyone got a link to the F214 thread if there is one?
Original post by Yua
I think thats physics?

Well it would be crap if they've been using that book for bio revision lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending