The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

are fight and flight the opposites?
Original post by games211
after you have gone through the content are you able to answer past papers questions easily?

I think the questions are really challenging! But I've been getting As
Urgh I've only started revising for f215 today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cheeky 12
Urgh I've only started revising for f215 today

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whaaaa...you seem calm about it :tongue: I also started revision late for bio.
Original post by bakedbeans247
Whaaaa...you seem calm about it :tongue: I also started revision late for bio.

Calm I'm by Farr calm I literally cry everyday because I don't know how the hell in going to remember it tbh just aiming for an E need 54 ums points for it !

Considering I'm aiming for a B in psychology and one of the paper is synoptic so gotta know alllll the AS units I'm concentrating on that but I'm finishing it even hard to just manage an E in biology ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
has anyone got any good notes that's broke everything down in the revision guide? I need some I remember better when I'm reading some1 else's notes please! you gotta help me I'm desperate!!! help a brother out!!!
Original post by mybutton jammed
has anyone got any good notes that's broke everything down in the revision guide? I need some I remember better when I'm reading some1 else's notes please! you gotta help me I'm desperate!!! help a brother out!!!

F214 notes
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=86272&d=1275821489

F215 notes
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=87072&d=1276519627

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg thank you so much I love you, literally been revising for the past 4 hours, spent the first hour tryna decide what's relevant or not in the revision guide :0 been looking for something like this for ages!!!!!!! God bless!
omg thank you so much I love you, literally been revising for the past 4 hours, spent the first hour tryna decide what's relevant or not in the revision guide :0 been looking for something like this for ages!!!!!!! God bless!

Awwww it's okay! Are you just going to memorize those notes? Cause I tried I just get panicked of how much there is to learn 😩😩😩😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awwww it's okay! Are you just going to memorize those notes? Cause I tried I just get panicked of how much there is to learn 😩😩😩😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly I probably was having heart attack every 2mins cuz I wud revise 1 line then look at the rest of the revision guide, I then decided just to not look ahead in the revision guide cuz it was really stressing me out !

yeh I did the exact same with my resit for chem I had notes like these and after I revise notes do like 10 past papers properly going through every question I get wrong I shud get my C hopefully :biggrin::biggrin:

wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

and btw memorising the notes is 10x better than the revision guide! trust me! plan is to study 10 hours a day for the next 2 weeks should be able to do it :biggrin:
and btw memorising the notes is 10x better than the revision guide! trust me! plan is to study 10 hours a day for the next 2 weeks should be able to do it :biggrin:

I'm pretty much doing posters for chem2 this year I got Chem 4 and 5 to start! Too! Only got two more topics for chem2 defo got the basic in my head! Been getting 50 so far hopefully that number will go up urge wish I could do that but got a synoptic paper for psychology need my B in that!!!!

Hmm might just memorise these notes i guess 2 hours every day for each unit then fingers crossed exams easy and boundaries are low 😩😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Virgin Q
Yeh but how does it all work without a sperm cell

Does the somatic cell have sperm or somethin :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay so you know how in regular fertilisation both the sperm and egg have a nucleus, each containing a haploid number of chromosomes (half the number needed for the organism), and then when they fuse the egg will then have the complete number of chromosomes needed (diploid- 2 sets)- it becomes an embryo

In cloning, the somatic cell is already diploid, it contains 2 sets of chromosomes, so you don't need another set coming from a sperm cell

So when you put the nucleus from the somatic into the enucleated egg cell, the egg is then diploid, so has the complete number of chromosomes that it needs :smile:

This is not very accurate term-wise (haven't had much time), but I hope this helps!
Hey guys, does anyone have any f214/f215 questions that I could use for practice???
has anyone got any good way of revising for the 'suggest' type questions? not sure i've picked up a single mark in past papers with the suggest questions and its pissing me off. thanks x
Reply 875
Original post by domcandrews
has anyone got any good way of revising for the 'suggest' type questions? not sure i've picked up a single mark in past papers with the suggest questions and its pissing me off. thanks x

Go over the examiner reports for each paper you have tackled and marked. They really help in clarifying where students most commonly go wrong and how each question should be interpreted:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/i-want-to/download-past-papers/
Original post by mk96
Go over the examiner reports for each paper you have tackled and marked. They really help in clarifying where students most commonly go wrong and how each question should be interpreted:

thank you very much!
Original post by mk96

hey does anyone have gmail and want to go through some of the content with me please?
I am a bit confused- during lactate fermentation in mammals, it states that lactate dehydrogenase is the enzyme that reduces pyruvate to lactate- surely it would be called pyruvate dehydrogenase because it's the pyruvate that's getting its hydrogen atoms removed? thanks!
Original post by CamilleClarke
I am a bit confused- during lactate fermentation in mammals, it states that lactate dehydrogenase is the enzyme that reduces pyruvate to lactate- surely it would be called pyruvate dehydrogenase because it's the pyruvate that's getting its hydrogen atoms removed? thanks!

The reaction goes both ways in different cycles so in the liver its lactate to pyruvate. :smile: hope that helps x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending