Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What should I take for my GCSE's? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So basically I've chosen what I wanted to do so far except for a few.
    History
    Music
    French and Spanish
    Triple Science
    But Im torn between Geography and Economics.
    I want to go into law, journalism or medicine; and whatever I want to be, I want it to be human rights related. I feel like two humanities could really help me with that, especially Geography, but economics is just more generally useful. Please, please help,listing all the pros and cons and your personal opinion, it would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    History: good for people going to do history at A level that want to do law
    Music: it is advisable that you have basic knowledge of musical theory since I was good at playing instruments but lets just say that theory wasn't my forte
    French/Spanish: Pretty enduring to revise for at GCSE but the coursework is pretty easy IMO
    Triple science: Useful for going to study science A levels at college/sixth form which are good choices if you're considering medicine (especially chemistry)
    Geography: Never did GCSE Geography... not much to talk about but if you want to take it because you enjoy then by all means do it
    Economics: Didn't know there was an economics GCSE. Regardless, It doesn't really help with these fields tbh (may help your maths though)

Your A-level choices are more important but you should preferably do well in the GCSEs that YOU enjoy so as to be able to compete with others for the dream job that you want too

I want to do medicine and from this list I took: History, Music, French and Spanish, and Double Science as a small part from my overall GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z_Sal)
    So basically I've chosen what I wanted to do so far except for a few.
    History
    Music
    French and Spanish
    Triple Science
    But Im torn between Geography and Economics.
    I want to go into law, journalism or medicine; and whatever I want to be, I want it to be human rights related. I feel like two humanities could really help me with that, especially Geography, but economics is just more generally useful. Please, please help,listing all the pros and cons and your personal opinion, it would be much appreciated!
    Go for something that you need and that YOU enjoy.I suggest Geography and also who said Geography isn't useful as well? I'm doing Geography for GCSE's and I love it.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.