Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Portfolio Advice! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've applied to UCA for product design and have been called in for an interview in which I will be expected to present a portfolio. I've looked up the advice given on the website and it's all rather vague, but the consensus seems to be to include basically everything you're interested in that's vaguely related. I've got plenty of stuff to put in, but I have a few concerns.

The most immediately obvious problem is presentation. All the examples I see are done on fancy large-format paper. However, all I have access to is an A4 printer and a spiral binder! The plan is to simply use this, I'll arrange pictures of each project through it's progression on each page, mostly keeping to one project per page, with a short paragraph with some background and information on each one. Do you think this is along the right lines?

The other one is a cover page. I've attached a few variations below. It's a bit of a departure from the minimalist style that seems typical, but I think it better reflects the sort of stuff I do! Please let me know if you they are appropriate, I'm generally leaning towards 2 or 4 I think. Obviously my surname is different and they need some tweaking with regards to placement!

Finally, I was wondering whether or not it's typical to do some kind of foreword proceeding the cover page, it just seems like something you might do! The problem is, I really have no idea what's expected in terms of format because I've never done a formal portfolio like this before. I've done detailed project portfolios and ones in folders to show clients, but not something this broad.

I'd really appreciate any feedback and advice you can offer!
    Attached Images

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.