galaxysky365
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
This year i'm in yr10 and i'm choosing a new GCSE subject, would sociology or business be better to study as i was told they were both seen as 'soft' subjects.
Lau14
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by galaxysky365)
This year i'm in yr10 and i'm choosing a new GCSE subject, would sociology or business be better to study as i was told they were both seen as 'soft' subjects.
Unless you need a particular subject for A level (which is unlikely with these two, as I think you can take sociology and business A levels without the GCSEs), just pick whatever you think you'd enjoy most! If you enjoy it you'll do better generally, and at GCSE level it isn't too important which subjects you're actually taking unless it's related to A levels/future career
AgonizedGod
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd say business as it gives you an insight into what the scenes are behind the workplace so to speak.

Posted from TSR Mobile
STUDYREVISE
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Posted on TheStudentRoom
emem2011
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It doesn't really matter at GCSE, although I did sociology and I really enjoyed it! It taught me skills which helped me in all of my other subjects

I can't speak for business studies, although a few of my friends took it and didn't enjoy it. That might just have been the exam board though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
lucie18
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think sociology unless you are planning on doing buisness A level! I do sociology alevel, and I think it is one of the most interesting subjects ever, despite it's reputation of being a "soft" subject! And I totally wish tha I had done sociology gcse
Adeel Ali
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Business GCSE. Expect an easy A if you have an ounce of common sense.
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't buy into the whole 'soft subject' thing. My worst GCSEs were in IT and business studies, both considered 'soft' though it does have some relevance in uni applications if you've got 'soft' subjects for A level (but not GCSE AFAIK?).
politicalken
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by galaxysky365)
I'd say to choose business as it gives you more options for future jobs. It's also more interesting in my opinion. However, go with what you enjoy more
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.3%
Excited but a bit nervous (129)
44.95%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.54%
I'm really nervous (58)
20.21%

Watched Threads