Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

english gcse coursework watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i feel as though my school undermarks our internal aqa coursework as only 4 people had gotten an A* in the coursework from the previous year 11s.
    Either all our school's english teachers are rubbish or they are harsh markers
    By the way there are over 200 students!In each year.This means that only 2%!(aprox) got an A*.Is english language and literature that hard as my teacher makes out?(i hope not)

ReputationRep:
    It may be just that the teachers haven't been equipping you with the right skills for controlled assessments therefore the people who do well in them are those who do extra work. I didnt find english language coursework hard but i got 74/80 but i did worse in lit and got 33/40. I feel lit is more about making stuff out of nothing so finding at least three interpretations of one word. I did get an A on Lit in the end so i didn't do too badly. Also, the teachers can't be harsh markers which could lead to only 4 people getting A*s in coursework as coursework is moderated so if the moderators feel people were marked harshly from a random sample they will increase everybody's marks by a certain number

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 17, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.