How do you get a good grade in Mechanics i.e C or higher?

Watch
Shafy97
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm wondering how to get a high grade in Mechanics for AS Physics, are there any easy methods?
username1560589
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do lots of past papers and textbook question to practice. The same applies to mechanics in A-level maths.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Shafy97)
I'm wondering how to get a high grade in Mechanics for AS Physics, are there any easy methods?
hello and welcome to TSR.

Short answer, there are no easy methods except work hard and do lots of exam questions.

Get hold of all the past exam papers you can together with their mark schemes.

Go through them all, several times if you have to. This will greatly improve your familiarity with the types of questions asked, your confidence at answering them, your speed and finally it's the best way of committing facts and equations to memory.

Look through the study help boards and use the search box with keywords (top right hand corner). There are plenty of resources on TSR to help and if you get stuck, post your questions in this sub-forum and you will get a quick response from other members.

Don't forget to post your full question (actual scan) together with diagrams and show the how far you have got with your working so far. Then give a brief explanation to say why you are having difficulty.

Good luck,
Kolasinac138
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
edexcel.co.uk
cie.org.uk
ocr.org.uk

Past papers from all of those.

Examsolutions.net - Mechanics
Shafy97
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Cheers lads!
WilliamSlim
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm also wondering about this for OCR, just past paper questions? Any resources for learning and revising the material for better understanding? Is the main ocr text book for AS Physics any good?
username1560589
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by WilliamSlim)
I'm also wondering about this for OCR, just past paper questions? Any resources for learning and revising the material for better understanding? Is the main ocr text book for AS Physics any good?
Yes, the Heinemann one is pretty good, so do the questions in that first, then when you run out of questions do past papers.
Flux_Dubstep
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You do m1 and m2 at the same time, the physics mechanics seems much easier when you do

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
13.92%
I'm not sure (30)
4.8%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (198)
31.68%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.08%
I'm not a current university student (297)
47.52%

Watched Threads