Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently on an Access course. As most of you, I'm awaiting on replys from universities.

I am also having a moment as I have an interview tomorrow (14 Jan 15), I was just wondering how many other people are planning on starting 'Adult Nursing' September this year?

Good luck to everyone for the forthcoming interview days!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll hopefully be going to Brookes for Adult Nursing if I get through the interview next Friday!

Hope yours went well

ReputationRep:
    Mine was 'meh' at best, fingers crossed it was enough.

Good luck for your interview, they are really friendly and set you at ease before it all begins

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cheers! Glad I'm only 10 minutes away from the campus, I'm in the morning interview :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered a place to study Adult Nursing at Brookes September 2015 good luck with your interviews guys

ReputationRep:
    I have a place for Adult Nursing for Brookes in September! Don't worry to much about the interview, they were really quite nice and it wasn't very pressured, just remember they are watching how you interact with others just as much as what you say in group discussions, I would say thats actually more important!

Good luck and hope to see you guys later this year!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm the same, I just got offered a place after the interview. Everyone at the university was nice, I agree that communication skills within the group tasks is the most important

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaddie Caso)
    I have a place for Adult Nursing for Brookes in September! Don't worry to much about the interview, they were really quite nice and it wasn't very pressured, just remember they are watching how you interact with others just as much as what you say in group discussions, I would say thats actually more important!

Good luck and hope to see you guys later this year!!!
    Hey, is Oxford Brookes your first choice? I have selected it as my first choice for Children's nursing! I saw in another thread that some people have been invited to applicant days (they'd been given offers for different courses though). I was wondering if you've been invited to an applicant day? Also do you know anything about the process of the DBS and occupational health check? Do they email us about that? Sorry for so many questions, and really well done on getting an offer!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, the DBS check from past experience takes a few weeks and occupational health is an interview. But I'm guessing we will hear about that in May when all the places are confirmed.

I still need to think about living in Halls and student loans 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is Oxford Brookes your top choice? Yeah I haven't heard from them about DBS or the occupational health check, so hopefully they will email me! Have you been invited to an applicant day at Oxford Brookes? I've seen in another thread that some people who got some offers from Oxford Brookes (they were doing other course) had been invited to an applicant day, I haven't so I was wondering if you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ht76845)
    Is Oxford Brookes your top choice? Yeah I haven't heard from them about DBS or the occupational health check, so hopefully they will email me! Have you been invited to an applicant day at Oxford Brookes? I've seen in another thread that some people who got some offers from Oxford Brookes (they were doing other course) had been invited to an applicant day, I haven't so I was wondering if you have?
    Oh ok .. No, I haven't been invited to anything else, they may be just because I've got a conditional offer and they may wait to see if I get the grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ex_Bootneck)
    Oh ok .. No, I haven't been invited to anything else, they may be just because I've got a conditional offer and they may wait to see if I get the grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I got a conditional offer too, but I haven't recieved an email about an applicant day! Maybe they do a different one for nursing or something, I don't know? Have you selected Oxford Brookes as your top choice?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got a conditional offer too, but I haven't recieved an email about an applicant day! Maybe they do a different one for nursing or something, I don't know? Have you selected Oxford Brookes as your top choice?
    Hopefully , Oxford Brookes will be my first choice. I haven't had any other interviews yet, so it may be my only choice.

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ex_Bootneck)
    Hopefully , Oxford Brookes will be my first choice. I haven't had any other interviews yet, so it may be my only choice.

How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it's my top choice

ReputationRep:
    Hi all I've a conditional place for sept for adult and mental health day... There defo are various open days every few months for you to go visit departments ask relevant questions I missed my last as couldn't get of an exercise at work military want everything out of me before I leave lol... But I found the open days by chance when surfing for something else and just applied etc.. Good luck to all and hope to see some of you in Sept etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limbangmogul)
    Hi all I've a conditional place for sept for adult and mental health day... There defo are various open days every few months for you to go visit departments ask relevant questions I missed my last as couldn't get of an exercise at work military want everything out of me before I leave lol... But I found the open days by chance when surfing for something else and just applied etc.. Good luck to all and hope to see some of you in Sept etc
    Congratulations on getting the place, I hope the transition from the military is relatively painless

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm about ready to swap one lifestyle for another and it would have been sooner if not for pension etc etc good luck with all
    Js

ReputationRep:
    Hey, is Oxford Brookes your first choice? I have selected it as my first choice for Children's nursing! I saw in another thread that some people have been invited to applicant days (they'd been given offers for different courses though). I was wondering if you've been invited to an applicant day? Also do you know anything about the process of the DBS and occupational health check? Do they email us about that? Sorry for so many questions, and really well done on getting an offer!
    Hi!

It is my first choice, I absolutely loved the city and the Uni. I haven't been invited to an applicant day yet, and the process of the DBS and the occupational health check will begin once you firm your offer, this also is the same for the NHS bursary. So don't worry about it till you have responses from all other unis which I'm still waiting on. They will send you information and dates of when these things will occur!

Izzy x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zaddie Caso)
    Hi!

It is my first choice, I absolutely loved the city and the Uni. I haven't been invited to an applicant day yet, and the process of the DBS and the occupational health check will begin once you firm your offer, this also is the same for the NHS bursary. So don't worry about it till you have responses from all other unis which I'm still waiting on. They will send you information and dates of when these things will occur!

Izzy x
    Hey! Thanks for the reply I loved the uni and city too, it was so lovely and everyone there was so nice! I have firmed Oxford Brookes as my top choice but still haven't heard anything about DBS or occupational health check. I was thinking maybe they do it after the reply deadline or something so that they can send it to everyone at once, I don't know, just a thought?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

I also have a conditional offer for Adult nursing in september. I just wondered what halls everyone was thinking of applying for?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.