Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you like to live till 160? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just a thought that popped into my mind. The obvious answer would be yes, but I don't know... What can you really do at 160 years old?

Would you guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It depends how ill I am, from my current lifestyle I can predict a crippling existence at that age and so I may have to decline such an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    No, I want to live forever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    No, I want to live forever
    I don't think I'll like living forever. You can't ever love someone because one day they will day but you will live on. You will have kids knowing that you would outlive them and that would be so hard when you go to their funeral.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by maxi365)
    I don't think I'll like living forever. You can't ever love someone because one day they will day but you will live on. You will have kids knowing that you would outlive them and that would be so hard when you go to their funeral.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I want them to live forever too

I have thanatophobia (fear of death)
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd be happy not to have kids if it meant I could live forever (or at least as long as I want) in good health.

ReputationRep:
    When I am 90 I know what I'd say

ReputationRep:
    Good question, i think yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    I'd be happy not to have kids if it meant I could live forever (or at least as long as I want) in good health.
    But realistically, if you live forever you would (generally) go to school/college/uni until 21. Then you would work until 60. Now with the money you accumulated from working, that would last you until you're about 90-100 depending on lifestyle, and then you would be on benefits (probably also in a care home) for the rest of your life. Would you still want to live forever?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nah I wouldnt.

Couldnt bear seeing my fam die, while I live alone decades later watching **** tv shows from the future.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    But realistically, if you live forever you would (generally) go to school/college/uni until 21. Then you would work until 60. Now with the money you accumulated from working, that would last you until you're about 90-100 depending on lifestyle, and then you would be on benefits (probably also in a care home) for the rest of your life. Would you still want to live forever?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's why I said, only as long as I'd be in good health. Obviously I don't want to be in a care home at all.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how much strife is involved / 10 :beard:

ReputationRep:
    im not too keen on living past the age of say 70

ReputationRep:
    Not in a million years, unless I had the same physical condition of at least some middle aged.

Once it gets to the care home stage, I'm good.

ReputationRep:
    160? Pffft, if you said 161 THEN I might consider it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.Ibrahim)
    160? Pffft, if you said 161 THEN I might consider it.
    Lol the number just randomly came into my mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if the ageing process slowed down

ReputationRep:
    Oh good lord no

ReputationRep:
    If I could be the oldest person who ever lived, then yes. I quite like the idea of being in the record books for something like that.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Only if I could still look like and have the energy of what I would have at around 50. 50 isn't too old and you still have energy then so I would be happy to continue like that. Asking to look and act like a 20 yr old while 160 would be too much to ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.