Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Leaving my course and reapplying. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am wondering if anyone can give me some advice on my financial situation.
    I really am not liking my university course at the minute and I have reapplied via ucas for different courses starting September 2015.
    I am thinking of leaving in March 2015 if I still feel the same way about my course and if I have received offers through ucas.
    If I leave at this time how much of my maintenance loan will I have to pay back immediately and do I have to pay back my grant?
    The new course I am wanting to start is also a 3 year course. Will I get funding for all three years when/if I reapply for student finance?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there, when we receive information on your withdrawal, a new assessment will be carried out to work out how much entitlement you were due for the time that you spent on the course.You will receive a notification of entitlement letter to confirm this.

If you have been overpaid your loan or grant you will be liable to repay this with our overpayment teams. The amount of overpayment will depend on your withdrawal date so I would be unable to confirm the amount you would be required to pay back.
    If you decide to withdraw please get your University to send us a 'Change of Circumstances' form to confirm this.

If your new course is a 3 year course we would provide you with 4 years of funding for this minus any previous years of study. If it is just the one year of previous study you have had then you would be entitled to full support for the 3 years of your new course.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi there, when we receive information on your withdrawal, a new assessment will be carried out to work out how much entitlement you were due for the time that you spent on the course.You will receive a notification of entitlement letter to confirm this.

If you have been overpaid your loan or grant you will be liable to repay this with our overpayment teams. The amount of overpayment will depend on your withdrawal date so I would be unable to confirm the amount you would be required to pay back.
    If you decide to withdraw please get your University to send us a 'Change of Circumstances' form to confirm this.

If your new course is a 3 year course we would provide you with 4 years of funding for this minus any previous years of study. If it is just the one year of previous study you have had then you would be entitled to full support for the 3 years of your new course.

Hope this helps. Thanks.
    It does thank you very much!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.