Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Retaking AS for different subject combo watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey , I was wondering if I could get information regarding retaking As year, taking different subjects and my chances of getting into uni (medicine). Im studying English Lit, Maths, Economics & Politics, but want to retake and study Bio, Chem, at AS, taking Math, Chem, Bio and whatever As subject I did good on my first year. Im predicted and AABB this year. Does this make me a resit applicant as i know med schools want you to complete it in 2 years , as it shows you can handle the content but technically i would be ?

ReputationRep:
    Technically you would be taking 3 years to finish maths and one of your other current subjects, but not taking an extra year to resit.

Best thing to do is to contact some unis to see what they have to say about this, some may stick rigidly to the 2 year rule, others may be flexible enough to see that you are not taking a 3rd year to resit and be happy to accept an application from you.

It would be a good idea to say what has caused you to make this change, what has lead you to realise that you want to be a doctor since you made your original choice; ask their opinion on your idea to start year 12 again as you describe, if they seem discouraging about it ask what their suggestions would be for what they would prefer to accept from someone in your position.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.