Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing English literature in a-levels soon but I don't enjoy reading that much although I will sit and read one if I have to. Most people say you have to enjoy reading so I was wondering I this was true? Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abisnail4)
    I'm doing English literature in a-levels soon but I don't enjoy reading that much although I will sit and read one if I have to. Most people say you have to enjoy reading so I was wondering I this was true? Thanks xx
    Hi this is really late and I'm similar to you I don't like reading per say but I like stories if you get my drift. When you get into a good book you'll enjoy it you probably just haven't found a genre you're interested in yet. But I would say that you definitely shouldn't do an English lit degree at uni if you don't like reading.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not that keen on reading fiction unless its a topic I really like, and I do english literature a-level. I don't read for 'pleasure' as such very often but I don't mind doing reading work, so I don't think its absolutely true to have to enjoy reading

ReputationRep:
    thank you everyone! big help

ReputationRep:
    I know people that hated reading but got A's in Lit A Level so you should be fine once you perfect your revision techniques

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em211997)
    Hi this is really late and I'm similar to you I don't like reading per say but I like stories if you get my drift. When you get into a good book you'll enjoy it you probably just haven't found a genre you're interested in yet. But I would say that you definitely shouldn't do an English lit degree at uni if you don't like reading.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    okay thank you! sorry, don't go on this much :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedStar98)
    I'm not that keen on reading fiction unless its a topic I really like, and I do english literature a-level. I don't read for 'pleasure' as such very often but I don't mind doing reading work, so I don't think its absolutely true to have to enjoy reading
    okay thank you! sorry, I tend not to go on this much :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassQueen13)
    I know people that hated reading but got A's in Lit A Level so you should be fine once you perfect your revision techniques
    Okay thank you! Sorry, I don't really go on this much anymore :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abisnail4)
    Hey I do English Lit at alevel and to be honest you don't need to enjoy reading but you need to be able to appreciate texts and you have to be able to read critical essays and know your texts inside out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    thank you

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.