The Student Room Group

Desi/S.Asian guys

Asking you all because the rishta process seems to consider every little detail in a desi marriage proposal. Do you care about a girl's height? How tall are you and how short is too short for a girl? Do short girls put you off?
Reply 1
No short and petite is what I like. I'm 6ft and my last four exs were from 5ft 1 to 5 ft 5 so height doesn't really bother me. Btw I'm Pathan but we're still classed as desi's to modern society lol.
Reply 2
Original post by Moh.1Ace
No short and petite is what I like. I'm 6ft and my last four exs were from 5ft 1 to 5 ft 5 so height doesn't really bother me. Btw I'm Pathan but we're still classed as desi's to modern society lol.

Oh.What's the difference between short and petite? And I always classify Pathans as desi. :/
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Oh.What's the difference between short and petite? And I always classify Pathans as desi. :/

being short is to do with height and being petite is to do with build of the persons body. The cultures totally different. Iv seen both cultures and theirs only a few similarities. out of curiosity did someone ask you for a rishta loool
Asking you all because the rishta process seems to consider every little detail in a desi marriage proposal. Do you care about a girl's height? How tall are you and how short is too short for a girl? Do short girls put you off?

I don't understand this thread :confused:
Reply 5
being short is to do with height and being petite is to do with build of the persons body. The cultures totally different. Iv seen both cultures and theirs only a few similarities. out of curiosity did someone ask you for a rishta loool

Ahh okay. Really? I've seen Pathans in Pakistan but obviously haven't been to one of their cities, I thought it would be same. However, I am aware of the difference in food. They make some huge rotis!

Lol well, the answer to that question is maybe or maybe not. I'm not sure myself either but I think someone did. Well, the reason why I asked this question is because in desi families, every detail of the girl is noticed and especially the height.
Reply 6
Original post by thisistheend
I don't understand this thread :confused:

Lool. What do you not understand? Are you not a desi?
Lool. What do you not understand? Are you not a desi?

I don't even know what that is. I clicked on this thread but now I am so confused.
Reply 8
Original post by thisistheend
I don't even know what that is. I clicked on this thread but now I am so confused.

Lool hahaha. This is hilarious. Desi is referred to people of South Asian origins, e.g. Pakistan, India and Bangladesh. I'm so sorry to confuse you lol.
Reply 9
Ahh okay. Really? I've seen Pathans in Pakistan but obviously haven't been to one of their cities, I thought it would be same. However, I am aware of the difference in food. They make some huge rotis!

Lol well, the answer to that question is maybe or maybe not. I'm not sure myself either but I think someone did. Well, the reason why I asked this question is because in desi families, every detail of the girl is noticed and especially the height.

culture of religion that's why every detail is noticed.
culture of religion that's why every detail is noticed.

What do you mean by that? Now I'm confused :/
Reply 11
As long as she's above 4'10 its fine. Petite is good. I'm 6ft.
I'm 1.83m. Above 1.6m would be nice, but anything above 1.5m is acceptable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheBBQ
As long as she's above 4'10 its fine. Petite is good. I'm 6ft.

Alright. I haven't seen a 4'10 tall girl. Or maybe I have but I just don't recognise it. Although, one of my aunty is 5ft. She's short and my uncle is 6'2 but they look adorable together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending