Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Seriously struggling with an essay on stereotypes and media! In dire need of help! watch

So, my essay question is:
    'Choose a current newspaper/magazine article that utilises stereotypical imagery. Discuss and critically evaluate how two approaches to stereotyping relate to your chosen article.'

Firstly I am very unsure as to what the approaches I have to choose from actually are... Is it referring to theories such as social identity theory/cognitive miser/motivated tactician? Or stereotypng being categorisation? :confused: Or any other ideas? As I'm all out! :eek:

I am also really struggling to find an article with actual stereotypical imagery as such, can anyone think of any around at the moment?

I'm really in hot water here, so I would love any help or suggestions!

Thank you

(I will genuinely love you forever if you can help with this!!)

I'm not entirely sure...
    But could you potentially use maybe some form of religious stereotyping?
    Maybe you could use an example from Britain First and how they stereotype immigrants, muslims, those kinds of people as I'm sure theres a lot of articles about Britain First or have articles written by them.

I'm not entirely sure on Psychology, I've never studied it but it might help you
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.