Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview here but being from essex, i dont want to go all the way for a disappointment, whats it like as a place to live?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For a first time Uni student, I imagine it is not too shabby. It's a very campus based University so you will spend the majority of your time surrounded by students / student buildings which is great if you're looking for a student focused lifestyle. The town itself is small and unimpressive, but it is cheap to live there and apparently quite easy to reach other cities if you fancy partying or shopping elsewhere.

As a mature / city student, I found it quite dull. Even the taxi driver (born and raised there) said it was a dismal place to be. If you're a city person with an active lifestyle, I'd choose somewhere more lively. However, if you're a student looking for a good time with other students, you will find plenty of fun there! Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    yeah I think possibly somewhere more active would be better suited to me, i.e brighton or portsmouth, more expensive for costs but a livelier city life, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm at teesside from Essex

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.