Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

An old grievance with a professor in maths - thoughts? watch

Basically I at one point wished to try a career in secondary school maths. My a-level in maths was not quite good enough by that point so i was advised to do a ske. I got offered a place at a university on the condition that I complete the ske by the next academic year.

I went for an interview at another university to try and get onto the intensive ske. I was rejected, which I have no issue with as I was not quite able to cope with the interview format, and had been ill for some months.

However - the manner in which the professor then decided to contact the other university to tell them I had failed, when there was still time to apply elsewhere at other colleges/ universities, really upset me.
    I have not complained to the university where he was from, and he is still there now. I feel I am in my rights to let him know he should not do this.

(PS - I am hoping for someone who works in universities or has done substantial parts of their degree to help me here)
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.