Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and at uni 4 hours from home. my boyfriend of 11 months is at home working. i love him very much and would like to think he loves me too. everyone says we are perfect for each other and we've done loads of cool stuff. he's my best friend and can't imagine life without him. we broke up in September for 2 weeks but got back together and everything was perfect. this past week is just feels he is not interested in me. I don't feel secure at all! I get easily worked up and don't know what to do. he hasn't made any effort in conversation and hasn't said he Ioves me in over a week. I just want to be a perfect girlfriend and would do anything for him. we talk about the future and have stuff planned for summer. I'm often upset and left feeling clingy and annoying when he doesn't reply or tells me he "doesn't care". today was our 11 month anniversary, I asked him if he was happy and he didn't reply . he said he still wants to go out with me. I just feel lost and confused, hurt stressed. I can't sleep at night with worry. I just want to be home and everything to be alight. I feel i need to constantly make him happy and buy him things. what. am I supposed to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helengeorge96)
    I'm 18 and at uni 4 hours from home. my boyfriend of 11 months is at home working. i love him very much and would like to think he loves me too. everyone says we are perfect for each other and we've done loads of cool stuff. he's my best friend and can't imagine life without him. we broke up in September for 2 weeks but got back together and everything was perfect. this past week is just feels he is not interested in me. I don't feel secure at all! I get easily worked up and don't know what to do. he hasn't made any effort in conversation and hasn't said he Ioves me in over a week. I just want to be a perfect girlfriend and would do anything for him. we talk about the future and have stuff planned for summer. I'm often upset and left feeling clingy and annoying when he doesn't reply or tells me he "doesn't care". today was our 11 month anniversary, I asked him if he was happy and he didn't reply . he said he still wants to go out with me. I just feel lost and confused, hurt stressed. I can't sleep at night with worry. I just want to be home and everything to be alight. I feel i need to constantly make him happy and buy him things. what. am I supposed to do?
    you're worrying about being the perfect girlfriend for him and he seems like he doesn't care about stuff you talk about, you need to ask him how he really feels and then reassess the situation and an eleven month anniversary seems like a foolish concept as an anniversary is once a year, just my opinion on the anniversary thing, being together for 11 months is a long time but maybe you need to just be yourself and and lay off the buying things to see how he changes. you don't have to take this advice but if you do hit me up and tell me how things go

ReputationRep:
    just found this now!!
    we broke up a month ago, he kept lying about drugs and girls etc, kinda nice looking back on this and realising I wasn't happy and ending things was the best idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helengeorge96)
    just found this now!!
    we broke up a month ago, he kept lying about drugs and girls etc, kinda nice looking back on this and realising I wasn't happy and ending things was the best idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm glad you've moved on, I say good riddance.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.