Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who's stronger mentally men or women? Watch

• View Poll Results: Who's stronger mentally men or women?
    Men
    27.27%
    Women
    9.09%
    Equal
    63.64%

ReputationRep:
    Obviously physically men are stronger generally but what about mentally? Personally even though it may come across as men are stronger mentally as well I'd say we're about even

ReputationRep:
    Your avatar... when did you become Caucasian!? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I think its pretty equal tbh.

ReputationRep:
    It is a tough one. I think it is a bit pointless to compare who is stronger mentally, although I will weigh in on the issue of men's mental health.

I think that our patriarchal society exerts a lot of pressure on men. Despite changes in society in a lot of cases men still are the sole or primary provider for the family. So if things go wrong in their life the ramifications are a lot worse than it would be on a single person. And due to out dated gender stereotypes and social expectation it is less acceptable for a man to be seen as struggling or depressed. Men are less likely to go the doctor with depression, or reach out for help. Hence many men suffer in silence, self medicating with alcohol, and are a lot more likely to commit suicide. It is tragic in all honest, we need to start reaching out more to help those who would go under the radar with no support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Obviously physically men are stronger generally but what about mentally? Personally even though it may come across as men are stronger mentally as well I'd say we're about even
    Oh? You're stronger physically? I'd love to meet you and knock you out.

And do you even know what "mentally strong" means? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's different.

ReputationRep:
    For the people I know I would have to say the women, but in general I would say equal as there are strong minded people in both sexes and weak/fragile minded in both sexes.

ReputationRep:
    Based on my experiences I'd say men, but then again there's no way of knowing for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Oh goody, another one of these threads...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.