Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm currently applying to study Psychology at University, and I am finishing off my personal statement. However, I am struggling to describe how my other A Levels link and improve my Psychology skills; specifically Drama.
    I have written something about interpreting behaviour, but I feel it's very forced and detracts from the flow of the statement. But then I feel like I need to reference all my A Levels. Should I keep it in or leave it out?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    You don't need anything on amy of your A Levels - the admissions tutors will know roughly what you cover and what skills you gain. What they do want to read is the more unique stuff to you - interests in psychology outside of college. Look at the PS building tool and the psychology specific guidance linked to in my signature below for more information

Really helpful links - thanks very much for the advice!
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.