Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you think I can get these grades all up to A's by time the real exams come around?
    So far these were my exam results from the year 11 mock exams:

Maths - B
    English Literature - A*
    English Language - B
    Physics - C
    Chemistry - B
    Biology - B
    ICT - B/A
    Geography - B
    Spanish - C for reading, U for listening (Fell ill during the exam)

I've had personal issues that have distracted me from revising and now I'm freaking out everyday that I will get all C's
    For all of them I was more close to the next grade above then down e.g. I was 3 marks off a B in physics.
    For English, ict, and sciences except physics my teachers are sure that Im ok but for the rest....
    Is it possible to get these all up to A's before the real GCSE exams or have I left it too late?
    if I did get these for my GCSE's wouldn't they be considered "bad grades"?

p.s. what is a good amount of revision to be doing each day?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why not. My mocks so far have been...odd, although I'm sure that I didn't perform as well as I would have liked to (for I had to revise in the 3 week Christmas period and time was short). Nonetheless, people ALWAYS get different results than their predicted results, usually for the better if they previously scored badly. All the notes you've made for these exams will do you well for your finals.

Just study like hell.

EDIT: Regarding revision, lets be real here. You may only be able to do 2 hours extra study each weekday, although you could potentially double that on the weekend. Prioritize the weaker subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meowkakes)
    Do you think I can get these grades all up to A's by time the real exams come around?

Maths - B
    English Literature - A*
    English Language - B
    Physics - C
    Chemistry - B
    Biology - B
    ICT - B/A
    Geography - B

I've had personal issues that have distracted me from revising and now I'm freaking out everyday that I will get all C's
    For all of them I was more close to the next grade above then down e.g. I was 3 marks off a B in physics.
    For English, ict, and sciences except physics my teachers are sure that Im ok but for the rest....
    Is it possible to get these all up to A's before the real GCSE exams or have I left it too late?

Thanks
    I felt the same way, I never liked my mock results either:

Business Studies - C
    English Language - A*
    German - C
    History - C
    Maths - B
    Religious Education - A*
    Core Science - A
    Additional Science - A
    Electronics and Control Systems - C

However, it has now given me a understanding on which subjects to spend more time on. Make a timetable. No, it not too late to get straight A/A*'s

ReputationRep:
    I'm in sixth form currently and in gcse history I was predicted a c and I got a c in my mocks and I got an A in my real thing, just work really hard from now onwards and you'll do fine

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you know the syllabus 100% and theres no reason you shouldn't get an A really- if you know everything you'll probably end up with some A*s. Try learning the whole syllabus for Physics asap then doing a past paper- there are only 4 months left and if you really want all As you need to start now tbh to make sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meowkakes)

Maths - B
    English Literature - A*
    English Language - B
    Physics - C
    Chemistry - B
    Biology - B
    ICT - B/A
    Geography - B

Thanks
    I did terribly in my mocks too! I'm so doomed for the exams ugh.

Go on the exam boards of each of your subjects and write down when all the exams are so you make a tailored revision timetable; I'd say to do a fixed amount of revision that YOU feel is enough time. When you get home, do all your homework asap and then have a break before revising. Make effective ways of revising. I have one for Spanish - find all the vocab normally used in the listening and reading exams e.g. environment and make a Memrise course to practise and then use past papers from the website. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think it is possible my advice is get enough sleep to help you remember and if you do not get all a's don't worry its not bad if you get 2 b or 1 c if the majority is a it is good I think you re doing well. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    You definitely have enough time if you start revising soon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.