Do I still have a chance of getting all A's?

Watch
meowkakes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Do you think I can get these grades all up to A's by time the real exams come around?
So far these were my exam results from the year 11 mock exams:

Maths - B
English Literature - A*
English Language - B
Physics - C
Chemistry - B
Biology - B
ICT - B/A
Geography - B
Spanish - C for reading, U for listening (Fell ill during the exam)

I've had personal issues that have distracted me from revising and now I'm freaking out everyday that I will get all C's
For all of them I was more close to the next grade above then down e.g. I was 3 marks off a B in physics.
For English, ict, and sciences except physics my teachers are sure that Im ok but for the rest....
Is it possible to get these all up to A's before the real GCSE exams or have I left it too late?
if I did get these for my GCSE's wouldn't they be considered "bad grades"?

p.s. what is a good amount of revision to be doing each day?

Thanks
Quavo!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't see why not. My mocks so far have been...odd, although I'm sure that I didn't perform as well as I would have liked to (for I had to revise in the 3 week Christmas period and time was short). Nonetheless, people ALWAYS get different results than their predicted results, usually for the better if they previously scored badly. All the notes you've made for these exams will do you well for your finals.

Just study like hell.

EDIT: Regarding revision, lets be real here. You may only be able to do 2 hours extra study each weekday, although you could potentially double that on the weekend. Prioritize the weaker subjects.
greentron6
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by meowkakes)
Do you think I can get these grades all up to A's by time the real exams come around?

Maths - B
English Literature - A*
English Language - B
Physics - C
Chemistry - B
Biology - B
ICT - B/A
Geography - B

I've had personal issues that have distracted me from revising and now I'm freaking out everyday that I will get all C's
For all of them I was more close to the next grade above then down e.g. I was 3 marks off a B in physics.
For English, ict, and sciences except physics my teachers are sure that Im ok but for the rest....
Is it possible to get these all up to A's before the real GCSE exams or have I left it too late?

Thanks
I felt the same way, I never liked my mock results either:

Business Studies - C
English Language - A*
German - C
History - C
Maths - B
Religious Education - A*
Core Science - A
Additional Science - A
Electronics and Control Systems - C

However, it has now given me a understanding on which subjects to spend more time on. Make a timetable. No, it not too late to get straight A/A*'s
Chloephilips98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm in sixth form currently and in gcse history I was predicted a c and I got a c in my mocks and I got an A in my real thing, just work really hard from now onwards and you'll do fine
JuliaM1998
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Make sure you know the syllabus 100% and theres no reason you shouldn't get an A really- if you know everything you'll probably end up with some A*s. Try learning the whole syllabus for Physics asap then doing a past paper- there are only 4 months left and if you really want all As you need to start now tbh to make sure
username1689987
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by meowkakes)

Maths - B
English Literature - A*
English Language - B
Physics - C
Chemistry - B
Biology - B
ICT - B/A
Geography - B

Thanks
I did terribly in my mocks too! I'm so doomed for the exams ugh.

Go on the exam boards of each of your subjects and write down when all the exams are so you make a tailored revision timetable; I'd say to do a fixed amount of revision that YOU feel is enough time. When you get home, do all your homework asap and then have a break before revising. Make effective ways of revising. I have one for Spanish - find all the vocab normally used in the listening and reading exams e.g. environment and make a Memrise course to practise and then use past papers from the website. Good luck!
Maria1812
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes I think it is possible my advice is get enough sleep to help you remember and if you do not get all a's don't worry its not bad if you get 2 b or 1 c if the majority is a it is good I think you re doing well. Good luck
paradoxicalme
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You definitely have enough time if you start revising soon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (111)
28.03%
No (285)
71.97%

Watched Threads