The Student Room Group

Ideas for Computing related final year projects!

Hi Everyone

I am 2nd year Business Information Technology student, am planning ideas for final year project. I have been speaking to a potential client of mine, they are small IT/media based social enterprise that specializes on providing computers to local community and teaching IT to disadvantaged people/elderly. I been working with them to come up with project idea, that would help them and myself at the same time.

Few of my ideas are:

Online self service registration system for the company volunteers
Database to manage volunteers
Inventory stock system using visual basics programming + excel/access with user guide
Web application to teach people fundamental use of IT
Data mining on large scale market research project, for example do a market research, gather data from it and perform data mining analysis (thinking of what tools and skills I could use as I lack experiences in this area.)

If anyone got ideas or solutions that I could use to inspire how to tackle a final year project or any former IT students who can share their final year project. Also if anyone got any opinion on my project ideas as well, that would be cool. Than that would be helpful and useful for me and anyone is same position. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply