Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Considering quitting university watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am in my final year of university and I am really not enjoying it, the only reason I went to university was because I didn't know what else to do and ever since I started I disliked it. But for some reason this year is worse. I took a gap year last year and it was the best feeling ever, I was so happy and then the minute I came back to university I was miserable. I wouldn't go as far as saying i'm depressed but I am definitely unhappy. I have to do a placement in a school and I am taking a lot of time off because I don't enjoy it, it's not laziness I just don'y want to be working somewhere that I don't enjoy... I have a part time job in retail and love it, i'm only ever happy when I am there working and it's made me realise that I have took the wrong course. I know university isn't for everyone and I wish I had quit way before this. Can anyone give me some advice on what to do??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielleM93)
    I am in my final year of university … Can anyone give me some advice on what to do??
    It's January already, so you are only months from the end. Is it really worth throwing the previous years away, for a few months of tedium?

When you start work, there's a good chance you'll have 40 years of it!

Anyway, January is the month when many people have the blues. The dark the cold, the lack of money! Also Xmas & New Year really screw up the academic year; they break the routines and habits.

Stick with it for another few weeks. Once the days start getting lighter, warmer and longer, you'll feel better too, especially since everyone around you will.

Then you'll only be a few weeks from Easter. See if you can stick it out until then.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.