Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've never been to Birmingham and I'm doing my masters degree there in September but I was wondering which areas of Birmingham other postgraduate students have preferred in the past or which areas they are deciding to stay in and why.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elt2112)
    Hey guys, I've never been to Birmingham and I'm doing my masters degree there in September but I was wondering which areas of Birmingham other postgraduate students have preferred in the past or which areas they are deciding to stay in and why.

Thanks.
    I did an Msc last year(2013-2014) and I stayed in a Pritchatts park studio. It was really nice-had the place to my self. It was crazy expensive though. I'm planning on doing another Msc in 2015 and will most likely live in Jarrat hall or Spinney(although spinney isn't ensuite so I'm not sure if i'll go with it). Jarrat is pretty close to campus, about 5 minute walk depending on where you're headed. It also close to some bars, small restaurants and shops. Spinney is in pritchatts park village. I like pritchatts really close proximity to everything(campus, shops, medical center, etc)
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by JMuslimah)
    I did an Msc last year(2013-2014) and I stayed in a Pritchatts park studio. It was really nice-had the place to my self. It was crazy expensive though. I'm planning on doing another Msc in 2015 and will most likely live in Jarrat hall or Spinney(although spinney isn't ensuite so I'm not sure if i'll go with it). Jarrat is pretty close to campus, about 5 minute walk depending on where you're headed. It also close to some bars, small restaurants and shops. Spinney is in pritchatts park village. I like pritchatts really close proximity to everything(campus, shops, medical center, etc)

Hi JMuslimah

Have you looked at Edge Apartments or Brook Studios? We are right next to the University and our rents include all your bills! We still have rooms available for this year if you're interested give us a call or check out our website.

0121 285 0484
    http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-student-accommodation/birmingham/edge-apartments
    http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-stud.../brook-studios

Regards
    Callum Brady
    Collegiate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMuslimah)
    Hey JMuslimah! I know it's been 2 years now but I wanted to ask you something crucial for me. I'm doing my masters degree in Birmingham in September and i'm planning on applying for accommodation but none of the choices is catered. Is there any shops in the campus where I can have my main meals for a low price? (may having a discount or something like a weekly card so I won't have to cook everyday?)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.