Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well I need BCC for UEA to do languages. It might sound easy but I'm heading for CCC at this rate unless a miracle happens (or I lock myself in my room from now until June 28th. And our electricity is cut off.)

I only want some sort of vague answer because it probably depends on the university/course and countless other things, but what if I do get CCC coz I realllllllly want to go to UEA badly and I'm so fed up of this whole thing and I want to fast forward to September right now. How likely is it I'd be accepted anyway? I don't want to ask them because if I tell them there's a chance I won't get the grades they might go off me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on a number of factors. How well you did at interview (if you had one) how many people they made offers to, how many accepted, what subject you dropped a grade in (i.e. how relevant it is) how popular the course is...

It does happen, but with so many factors affecting their decision its impossible to give a definate answer.

ReputationRep:
    you'll have slipped by one grade. Phone them up as soon as you get your results (this happened to me- offer was AAB, i got ABB) as you might be let in (I was ) although as previously stated it will depend on what you dropped the grade in (fortunately it wasn't an essential subject for me).

ReputationRep:
    If you miss the grades...I suggest crying, alot

ReputationRep:
    Work your arse off for that B in the language you're doing, if I were you. But they might still let you in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ynox)
    you'll have slipped by one grade. Phone them up as soon as you get your results (this happened to me- offer was AAB, i got ABB) as you might be let in (I was ) although as previously stated it will depend on what you dropped the grade in (fortunately it wasn't an essential subject for me).
    wow thats lucky!!
    wat course and wat uni??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AcerBen)
    Well I need BCC for UEA to do languages. It might sound easy but I'm heading for CCC at this rate unless a miracle happens (or I lock myself in my room from now until June 28th. And our electricity is cut off.)

I only want some sort of vague answer because it probably depends on the university/course and countless other things, but what if I do get CCC coz I realllllllly want to go to UEA badly and I'm so fed up of this whole thing and I want to fast forward to September right now. How likely is it I'd be accepted anyway? I don't want to ask them because if I tell them there's a chance I won't get the grades they might go off me anyway.
    If things go wrong come results day, then get on the dog and bone to them as soon as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for going off topic here. I think the comment that I'm gonna make is kind of related to this thread. If I have a firm and insurance offer of a university, what happens if I don't meet the requirements for both?

ReputationRep:
    Computer science at warwick.

Basically the reason I got in was:

A. a good personal statement/reference.
    B. I got ABB. A in computing, B in maths, B in law, thus the B in law wouldn't really have mattered *too* much seeing as in the subjects I needed I got the grades.

If you miss the firm and insurance offer then its clearing time

ReputationRep:
    How about if I don't have the right grades for clearing? Then I am dead...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev1122)
    How about if I don't have the right grades for clearing? Then I am dead...
    nah i dont think u'd be dead!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I got nowhere near my grades last year i needed CCC or CCE and i got BEE! I was fortunate though as my bad grades were a result of illness. I managed to get documentation from my doctors. I started at a new college and i'm redoing the 2E's.

There will usually be something avaliable in clearing, it may not be the exact course you want or the exact uni, but i guess when you don't have the grades you need you have to be flexible.

I reapplied to the uni's where i had an offer this year and was lucky enough to be reoffered my places. Just need to work now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AcerBen)

I really wouldn't stress yourself out about it, my offer was BCC also (and that had been dropped from BBB after my interview) and I still missed my grades and UEA let me in - no arguements (it was my first choice). I phoned them from school on the morning I got my results, just so I knew if I had to phone my insurance, and they told me they'd accepted me regardless. So there is hope!

ReputationRep:
    I really want to go to UEA this Sept. I have them down as my Firm and my Insurance choices. I'm only doing 2 A Levels and they've made me an offer of two B's for my Firm and two C's for my insurance course. I think I might only get two C's or D's cus I'm so stressed but I really wanna do my Firm choice which was Environmental Science but I'm worried they'll drop me! Did anyone have a similar sinario with UEA Environmental Science School?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 1, 2004
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.