Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, anyone else's son/daughter not wanting to accept a conditional offer for their favourite uni so they don't put any pressure on themselves to meet the conditions of their offer due to exam results.
    My daughter won't accept a conditional offer and therefore may go for one of her unconditional offers but I think she would have liked to go to ntu...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is the unconditional completely unconditional, or only if she firms that university? If it's the former, then she should put her favourite as a firm and that as an insurance, as it would completely take off the pressure from exams.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it's completely unconditional and I already told her there wouldn't be any pressure that way..but she's stubborn lol..and I suppose it's her choice..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluebells60)
    Yes it's completely unconditional and I already told her there wouldn't be any pressure that way..but she's stubborn lol..and I suppose it's her choice..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well in that case, she is either thinking one of two things: she actually prefers the uni making her the unconditional, or she just wants to be very lazy towards her work and basically not have to do anything but turn up to the exams.

ReputationRep:
    Lol...oh she does revise and work for her exams...so laid back really...lol...and I know she likes both places...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If she doesn't want to put the effort and pressure into getting good grades to get into university then she doesnt deserve to go to university, and she probably isn't going to last very long at university with that attitude

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.