The Student Room Group

Midwifery applicants for 2016 - 2017

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone applied to Kingston? I had my interview there a month ago on Friday and they said they'd let us know within 2 weeks whether we had a place or not and I still haven't heard anything!! It's making me so stressed out!!! X
Reply 301
Original post by taraxx
are you applying to the same uni's as last year? x

2 are the same and the other 3 are new ones. I have all 5 interviews this year though compared to 1 last year so this gap year has definitely paid off :smile: 3 down and 2 more interviews to go, no U's so far x
I'm sending my personal statement away tomorrow night.

The Scottish universities work very slow and nobody will generally hear anything from them until March, which is great considering Napier is the one I'm dying to get into. Judging by your comments the English Universities work VERY fast which surprised me.

I'm applying to three Scottish Universities and two English Universities:
- Edinburgh Napier (1st choice)
- West of Scotland (2nd choice)
- Robert Gordon (3rd choice)
- Manchester (5th choice)
- Kingston (4th choice)

can anyone give me a guide as to when to expect replies from the English universities?

I'm about one step away from just putting "Please please please please please please accept me." at the end of it lol.
Original post by Andy71
I'm
So thrilled a I passed the three tests at Uclan!! I really thought I'd failed as the maths was hard!!
Anyway yipeeee I'm
Through to interview in January !!!!!! Chester and ljmu in dec 😆I'm so excited

Well done! Feel free to ask any questions :smile:

Molly
Reply 304
Ive just been rejected to LJMU and im pretty gutted it was my first choice! I wasnt offered an interview and my predicted grades are higher than what they actually required.. Any advice? Im thinking about contacting them and asking for a reason, maybe it could help me with my access into my other choices!
Reply 305
Original post by Mcolg
Ive just been rejected to LJMU and im pretty gutted it was my first choice! I wasnt offered an interview and my predicted grades are higher than what they actually required.. Any advice? Im thinking about contacting them and asking for a reason, maybe it could help me with my access into my other choices!

Hey :smile: I also got rejected from ljmu too...... they told me I just didn't put any insights into midwifery..... Now I'm scared that could be the same reason why I don't get in to the rest of the other uni's :frown: ....... did they give you any reason at all?
Hey Everyone,
Just asking for advice, I really want to be a midwife I'm applying for
York Uni
Leeds Uni
Northumbria Uni
Hull Uni
Teesside Uni
Unfortunately I had a tough year as year and bombed my AS's I got
Biology-U
Re-B and
Business- D
and General studies-D
My predicted grades are ABCC, and I'm resitting absolutely everything, do you think there is any chance of me getting an offer this year ore do you think I should just stay calm and take a gap year.
P.s I'm not worried about getting the grades I know I'm capable of AAA I just got in with the wrong crowd last year and didn't work hard enough!
I'm so worried, I will be devastated if I don't get in but I suppose I just need to accept that it might not happen this year due to my grades :frown: what do you guys think? X
Original post by hopefulmidwife12
Hey Everyone,
Just asking for advice, I really want to be a midwife I'm applying for
York Uni
Leeds Uni
Northumbria Uni
Hull Uni
Teesside Uni
Unfortunately I had a tough year as year and bombed my AS's I got
Biology-U
Re-B and
Business- D
and General studies-D
My predicted grades are ABCC, and I'm resitting absolutely everything, do you think there is any chance of me getting an offer this year ore do you think I should just stay calm and take a gap year.
P.s I'm not worried about getting the grades I know I'm capable of AAA I just got in with the wrong crowd last year and didn't work hard enough!
I'm so worried, I will be devastated if I don't get in but I suppose I just need to accept that it might not happen this year due to my grades :frown: what do you guys think? X

I've applied for Leeds Teesside and Northumbria out of that bunch. I'm not too sure if Leeds will be ok with your U in biology because they specify they want an A in the overall a level. I got a B in AS bio and even I'm worried I won't get an offer! The best thing you can do is email or ring each uni before applying because you don't want to waste any choices xx
Reply 308
Original post by danielle-louise
Hi I am new to this site, I have only applied to Edge Hill sent it off on the 1st December, got an email to say they had my application on the 3rd. Has anyone else applied there? If so how long did it take for you hear back? I am so nervous and keep stalking ucas track lol

I have applied to edge hill too
Lol I sent my application the same day
Has anyone who has applied to Coventry got a confirmation email off them to save they've received your application? ☺️
Original post by hannahaliciah_x
Has anyone who has applied to Coventry got a confirmation email off them to save they've received your application? ☺️

Coventry doesn't send any confirmations out, they just send out invites to interviews or U's. There's two interview days that I'm aware of one on the 30th Jan and one on the 13th Feb.
Original post by lynda.williams90
Coventry doesn't send any confirmations out, they just send out invites to interviews or U's. There's two interview days that I'm aware of one on the 30th Jan and one on the 13th Feb.

Thanks for your reply ☺️ I was just checking as I haven't had one off them so I was getting worried as to whether they have received my application!
Thanks for your reply ☺️ I was just checking as I haven't had one off them so I was getting worried as to whether they have received my application!

I was the same thinking should I ring them or not, then they sent an invitation at 3am in the morning.
I was the same thinking should I ring them or not, then they sent an invitation at 3am in the morning.

Really?! Wow haha, how long ago did you send your application off?
Reply 314
I've had a couple of interviews felt they went well but it's ate to know what they are looking for......Anyone have any idea how fast they let the unsuccessfuls know? They said no news is good news and the no's get told first. Any idea how fast this happens ?? That good old waiting game again !! Ha x
Really?! Wow haha, how long ago did you send your application off?

I know 3am is a little odd but I'm not complaining. I sent it off on the 23rd November and was received and sent to uni's on the 25th November. Still waiting on 3 uni's but they don't send out interviews or U's till after deadline.
I know 3am is a little odd but I'm not complaining. I sent it off on the 23rd November and was received and sent to uni's on the 25th November. Still waiting on 3 uni's but they don't send out interviews or U's till after deadline.

Ah I see! I only sent mine off a week and a half ago on the 2nd of December and I'm already getting so impatient! Good luck anyway ☺️
Reply 317
Original post by Andy71
I've had a couple of interviews felt they went well but it's ate to know what they are looking for......Anyone have any idea how fast they let the unsuccessfuls know? They said no news is good news and theyou newset told first. Any idea how fast this happens ?? That good old waiting game again !! Ha x

Hii :smile: where did you have your interviews and which type of questions did they ask you? I've got my first two interviews next week so I'd appreciate any tips. And I hope you get your offers after those interviews! how long have you been waiting to hear from them?
Hi,

Im currently doing A2, but I've already retaken a year... I have no work experience in midwifery or anything related. Im also not too confident about my grades. Would it be sensible for me to take a gap year to gain some experience and expand my knowledge in this field. Also because I would be 20 by the time I get into Uni would I still be able to apply for Student loans and grants ect..

Please and thank you
I've been invited to an interview at Coventry uni on the 13th Feb, is anyone else attending? ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending