Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I studied a Law Degree (LLB) for Four Years as I had to retake some first year modules but found some of the subject areas particularly difficult to pass (Contract and Equity), as a result I was only awarded a "PASS" award or an ordinary degree, I do not have honours and am finding it difficult to establish a career. I realise now that I chose the wrong degree programme but it is of course too late now. I graduated 6 years ago and have been doing meaningless hourly paid work ever since. I am now thinking about becoming an ECA or potentially even a student paramedic but wondered if it was possible to top up my ordinary degree to make it an honours degree?

    Could I even use it to skip the first year of a new course in Uni? Any advice would be appreciated.

    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    It is possible for you to transfer your uni credits to the Open University. See here for details. Apparently you can only transfer 120 credits (your first year of study) to the OU's LLB, but if you were prepared to do an Open Degree, you can transfer up to 240 credits. The good thing about the OU is that your grades in the first year don't affect your final degree classification, you just need to pass them.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.